California Dragway Private Track Rental (Sept. 17, 2004)

Blk_C5_FRC

Established Member
Hey everyone,

I know how you guys love doggin on Vettes and Vipers, well heres your chance to run em at the track. There is a California Dragway private track rental going on Friday, Sept. 17, 2004 (3pm-11pm). Cost will be $100. I know your probably thinking the price is a little high, but you will get to run in the cool night air, and registration will be limited to 70 cars. So you could probably get 15 runs in if you wanted. Hell of alot better then what you get on a regular trip. There should be a ton of fast cars there (7 Vettes, 8 Vipers, I think only one 03 Cobra but a couple of other Stangs as well ). Some more info:

LOCATION: California Speedway, 9300 Cherry Avenue, Fontana. The quarter-mile California Dragway is located in Parking Lot 1 behind the speedway's main grandstand
* NOTE: A minimum of 55 participants must sign up. Otherwise, the event will be moved to a later date, or will be cancelled.
This is a PRIVATE DRAG EVENT, PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED as this will be limited to only 55-70 entrants.
registered, or if we don't reach the mimimum of 55 by
September 8, 2004.
If we don't get 55 cars by 09/08/04, the track fee will
be refunded next day (09/09/04), or no later than
09/15/04.

You can sign up @ www.alternativemotoring.com

Kap

IE Evo

Established Member
Yeah I am signed up also. So come on down and beat up on the Vipers. Looks like alot of fast cars. The difference is a majority of these Viper drivers can drive a lil better than the average Joes trying to pick up A$$(chicks) in a cool car. Beating a poorly driven Viper is one thing but beating a properly driven one is priceless.You guys are fast so it should be fun. How am i to keep up in a Lancer. i guess I will be everybodies b--iatch!

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
I'd go if there was'nt the >14.0 sec NHRA rule for verts with no roll bar.I assume this applies since the statement "NHRA rules apply". I really want to run my car one day and call it done till I get a roll bar. Unfortunately, I got booted when I ran last time.

If anyone know otherwise let me know.

g

IE Evo

Established Member
Geepaw read the new rule. I believe Verts can run as long as they are no faster than 11.50. It is on the alternativemotoring website under new NHRA rules.Click it and read. I would download it and copy it and bring to the track with you in case there is a hassle.

Blk_C5_FRC

Established Member
I think on the 11.50 rule the car cant have any power adders it didnt come with from factory.. I.E. A Viper convertible with exhaust only can run 11.55 with no roll bar, but a turbo'd Mustang GT convertible would get bounced for the same time.

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
thanks... this great news. I will be printing it out and brining it with me. It even allows "performance exhausts". It did not say anything about conical k& N type intakes...but my guess is it won't matter.

YES!!! I can go to drag nights!

Blk_C5_FRC

Established Member
Originally posted by geepaw
thanks... this great news. I will be printing it out and brining it with me. It even allows "performance exhausts". It did not say anything about conical k& N type intakes...but my guess is it won't matter.

YES!!! I can go to drag nights!

You can have exhaust, intake, heads, cam, chip, if you got an 03+ cobra you can have a different pulley... Mainly you cant be running nos, a turbo set up, or supercharger set up (if your car didnt come with it from factory). Heres the breakdown of whats signed up so far.. Cant wait to see how the Cobras compare to some of the other rides out there. Registration is going to be limited to 70 cars to make sure you can get plenty of passes... So sign up soon...

Viper 10
300Z 9
Vette 7
Fbody 2
03+ Cobra's 2
Mustang 2
Ferrari 1
Supra 1
AMG 1
Evo 1
STI 1
NSX 1
G35 1
Duramax 1
unknown 1

Last edited:

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
So if you run an Et of 11.50 you can get boot out, I had run 11s before with no roll bar but I only paid $20 to race and did not get kick out but for a $100 and a chance to get ousted:(

Blk_C5_FRC

Established Member
Well as it goes for enforcement on it... Its like any other track. It may or may not happen. Ive also never had anyone check for a driveshaft saftey loop on my car. If your in a convertible, I think the odds of enforcement are significantly higher though.

CobraGirlSVT

Established Member
I sent my payment but the site says only two spots are left. I have no idea when that was last updated.

We'll see if I make it, I guess. If not, I'm still racing that weekend at Sal's Mustang Drag Day at LACR as well.

Blk_C5_FRC

Established Member
CobraGirlSVT,

Yep, your on there... Thanks everyone, registration is now closed. Cant wait to see everyone out at the track!

Kap

Last edited:

WhiteDevil

Pushrod Power
Established Member
Originally posted by CobraGirlSVT
I sent my payment but the site says only two spots are left. I have no idea when that was last updated.

We'll see if I make it, I guess. If not, I'm still racing that weekend at Sal's Mustang Drag Day at LACR as well.
'
Hey is LACR a quarter mile track? And when is that Mustang Drag day? I might have to make the trip from SD up there.

CobraGirlSVT

Established Member
Originally posted by WhiteDevil
'
Hey is LACR a quarter mile track? And when is that Mustang Drag day? I might have to make the trip from SD up there.

Mustang Drag Day is Sunday 9/19/04 at Los Angeles County Raceway in Palmdale. It is a 1/4 mile track.

Not sure what time it starts exactly. Usually opens at 8:00 am for teching, racing starts around 10:00 am.

Blk_C5_FRC

Established Member
I'll be there... Would be cool to meet some of you peeps. IE Evo, you also might want to check out www.awjunkies.com... They have a lot of meets, etc.. (for those of you in the AWD thing) I went out on a mountain run with em (my buddy has a WRX).. Lots of cool people.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread