California Emission installation?

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Is there any way of adding California Emissions to a car that doesn't have it? I am info gathering. Any input is greatly appreciated.:thumbsup:

03DOHC

Established Member
There are no extra parts added to CA cars now-a-days. It's just the certification as far as I know.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by tommylightning
:shrug:

:shrug:

Dont think that Cali is any different now...although the smog level is not as bad as it used to be in the 80's. Early 90's was starting to get much better.

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
I have a guy that wants to buy the Yellow T-Bird here but it doesn't have Cali Emissions. It can't be registered unless it has the right emissions on it.:mj:

There has to be a way to get it installed.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
My friend bought a car from out of states & he just had to dish out 8bills to get it registered...he never said any thing about any type of equipment being installed for the registration.

Humnn? I'll ask a friend how might now :shrug:

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
My friend bought a car from out of states & he just had to dish out 8bills to get it registered...he never said any thing about any type of equipment being installed for the registration.

Humnn? I'll ask a friend how might now :shrug:
Thanks!!!:thumbsup:

OCCOBRA

Picture Whirled Peas
Established Member
There is a thread on a guy buying a cobra out of state and trying to get it registered here in cali. I suspect it will be expensive and a big Pain in the @ss.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Tommylightning.
Alot has changed with DMV from past.

Might want to take 30mins to call just to hear it from the Horses mouth?

DMV 818-242-0982 ... its in Burbank, Ca number but some one answers the phone pretty fast & if u can charm them good enough they usualy glad to give all kinds of help.

Come on u know ur a sales king...i know i dont have to say much about yo skillz :thumbsup:

Worst is that the lonely lady will give u a better number to call with ur question.

RAP66

Established Member
:beer: :beer: that be ME!!! :beer: :beer:

I'm almost positive that there was a person who bought out of state and went to the state referee to qualify the car. It cost him a pretty penny. Much easier to have a car built if you wana cut out the Kali dealership Greed!:burn:

Other option is to be sure that the car has 7K miles on it before registering in the state...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread