California??

balla530

Established Member
I thought I had got around the problem of purchasing my cobra through the dealership that I work at... well they just brought it up again, I had posted awhile back, I basically need to get the stock cobra intake the complete lower..if available the whole thing. It would really really help me out/ save me a lot of money because if they have to order the parts through ford its going to cost me an arm and a leg. If there is anyone in Northern california or close by around the sacramento/chico/ bay area??? i would be willing to drive and pick the parts up, I will either buy the parts or I would be willing to pay $150 to just barrow them for a day .... any help would be appreciated .. also does anyone know about a place I can get the parts for cheap??? already tried all the wrecking yards in the area...

balla530

Established Member
the problem is I had the dealership were I work at purchase the car from someone and then re sell it to me just so I could get a better interest rate... the problem I ran into is that the car had an aftermarket maf and intake... for legal issues it will not pass the visual inspection, so either im stuck paying ford some outragous prices, or I hopefully find someone who's willinng to help me out... they want me to put the cars whole intake system back to stock just for a visual inspection... COBRA55 call me @ (530)218-3540 and hopefully we can work something out thankss

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
I would look for a different inspection station, as long as the car can pass smog you should be ok. The "visual" inspection is known for some shades of gray.

suaveflooder

500 hp grocery getter
Established Member
unless you can find a VERY loose smog station, you will have to get the origionals...both the MAF and the inlet tube

balla530

Established Member
yeah the thing is that I can't go to a smog station, I dont have to smog the car since it is an 04, the dealership i work at is a coorporate store so for there own legal issues they are requiring me to have it pass the "visual inspection" ... I do need the whole thing including the stock maf...

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
man that sucks, FL rulz yo :rockon:
no inspection, no smog tests, there is a sign when you enter state

"remove cats at the border" :thumbsup:

Scout238

Eaton Poweredddddd!!!
Established Member
Are you the same guy from before in Roseville? I have a 03 MAF for my swap... haven't used it yet. I also have the 99 inlet pipe/setup. If the 99 will work someone else will have to chime in. It looks the same but I don't know about the angles with the blower.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread