Californians come on in!

dannydarko11

Yeah...no, I know
Established Member
First off, I love where I live. I was born and raised in San Diego. Somethings about San Diego I hate, like the traffic :fm: dont get me wrong its not as bad as some places. My girlfriend and I were talking about this the other day, she hates the fact that she sees more and more Texas plates and people moving here and she wants to know why shes seeing plates from all over the country. She knows quite a few people who have plates out of state who dont register them through California. I just dont get why so many people moved out here? The traffic has never been THIS congested compared to a couple years ago. The California employment rate is a joke, price of living is threw the roof. Unless you're in the military that get stationed out here I dont understand:shrug: so if anyone can shed some light on this I'd appreciate it :beer:

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
San Diego is awesome! My guess is that because San Diego and surrounding areas are military towns that you will have a lot of people stationed there from other states that don't want to bother paying to register their cars in California. Especially since they know that it is a temporary residence. I know people that live in Texas say it is the best but everyone I have talked to that has lived there or traveled there says it suck ass so maybe they really did move out here? San Diego is also a destination town. People actual plan to go there for vacation, conferences, ball games, etc.etc.etc.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
San diego is the best city in CA. Bar none, there is no equal city that has what SD offers. We have world class beaches of every type (surf, sand, rocky/tidepools). SD has more jobs from what I've seen, he'll me and my girl made the decision to move down here and I had a job in two weeks of looking/replying to Cl ads. SD is the perfect size too, you're maybe 8 blocks in any direction from getting into or out of downtown.

Now it's funny you bring up plates because me and my girl were just talking about that. Most of it is military, you have Coronado nab, Miramar nab, you have camp pendleton, 29 palms, all in a 1hr radius from one another.

SD is also very conservative. If any Texan is going to relocate to CA and live somewhere that isn't the farm Valley, SD is the spot. LA, SF/Bay area are all liberal. The only downside is the cost if living here, nice homes in Texas that are $150-200k are $450-500k here.

SD traffic isn't even that bad. I sit in the 15 to 78 mess daily, it sucks but guess what, everywhere sucks in regards to traffic in a decent sized city. Our freeway systems are outdated nationwide. Hell podunk modesto and Stockton have traffic. If you don't want to deal with traffic then you basically need to live in BFE.

Last edited:

RocketSurgeon

Established Member
Funny to hear a Californian bitching about people moving to your state.

You guys clog the shit out of Colorado roads and have absolutely zero idea how to drive in the mountains and when it snows. I would be a very rich man if I had a dollar for every time I've gotten stuck behind a car with California plates crawling along at 50 MPH in the left lane on I70

dannydarko11

Yeah...no, I know
Established Member
San Diego is awesome! My guess is that because San Diego and surrounding areas are military towns that you will have a lot of people stationed there from other states that don't want to bother paying to register their cars in California. Especially since they know that it is a temporary residence. I know people that live in Texas say it is the best but everyone I have talked to that has lived there or traveled there says it suck ass so maybe they really did move out here? San Diego is also a destination town. People actual plan to go there for vacation, conferences, ball games, etc.etc.etc.

SD is awesome! :beer: and Very true! And understandable. yeah it just gets under my girlfriends skin seeing sooo many plates everyday with the mixture of them not knowing how to drive as well.

dannydarko11

Yeah...no, I know
Established Member
San diego is the best city in CA. Bar none, there is no equal city that has what SD offers. We have world class beaches of every type (surf, sand, rocky/tidepools). SD has more jobs from what I've seen, he'll me and my girl made the decision to move down here and I had a job in two weeks of looking/replying to Cl ads. SD is the perfect size too, you're maybe 8 blocks in any direction from getting into or out of downtown.

Now it's funny you bring up plates because me and my girl were just talking about that. Most of it is military, you have Coronado nab, Miramar nab, you have camp pendleton, 29 palms, all in a 1hr radius from one another.

SD is also very conservative. If any Texan is going to relocate to CA and live somewhere that isn't the farm Valley, SD is the spot. LA, SF/Bay area are all liberal. The only downside is the cost if living here, nice homes in Texas that are $150-200k are $450-500k here.

SD traffic isn't even that bad. I sit in the 15 to 78 mess daily, it sucks but guess what, everywhere sucks in regards to traffic in a decent sized city. Our freeway systems are outdated nationwide. Hell podunk modesto and Stockton have traffic. If you don't want to deal with traffic then you basically need to live in BFE.

Thanks for the reply :beer: It seems like with first hand experience in knowing that people out of state, just dont want to register their cars because it may be cheaper or something not registering their cars here? Also, im a pretty patient guy when it comes to traffic it really isnt THAT bad here. Its when people out of state come here driving as if there were snow all over the plalce lol or Not to mention getting litterally pushed off the road /being cut off just to see random out of state plates as they drive off! Lol

dannydarko11

Yeah...no, I know
Established Member
Funny to hear a Californian bitching about people moving to your state.

You guys clog the shit out of Colorado roads and have absolutely zero idea how to drive in the mountains and when it snows. I would be a very rich man if I had a dollar for every time I've gotten stuck behind a car with California plates crawling along at 50 MPH in the left lane on I70

Yeah i hear ya man. I practically deal with that everyday. Ill look at the plates and im like WTF? "TIJUANA" what kind of horse shit is this??? LOL

dannydarko11

Yeah...no, I know
Established Member
the answer you seek is two words...

the weather

:thumbsup:

Yup true! I've lived in Indiana for a coupleof years and i will never go back unless its to visit some family i have there. I could NEVER live there again. Cold,cars sliding around all over the place like its no big deal lol

KILRSVT

Established Member
More than likely they are buying the cars in Texas due to no state tax... I know people registering their car in Washington to avoid paying taxes

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
If I was going to stay in CA, SD would be the only place I'd want to live. But I'd much rather leave this backwards ass state.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I keep both my vehicles registered in my home state because I'm not going to deal with California's registration process, my roommate is having a nightmareb with them when he told them he technically doesn't live there anymore. They're threatening to send him to collections.

I'm in SD and I'll gladly be driving both my happy ass and both Washignton plates out of that shithole state. I've found a few redeeming qualities about Ca but overall it's overrated imo. I guess it's because I prefer more balanced seasonal weather and the compactness but not overly busy aspect of my home state.

Users who are viewing this thread