Calling attention to SVTP pros. We need your help to ship a car/make a sale

AssassinoGrigio

Established Member
Last edited:

CobraMarkVIII

Established Member
We both know going into this... that it is a far stretched scenario. But, like the OP said, if there is a possibility for this to actually happen, SVTP would know exactly what the best options are to make this happen. I have seen some pretty messed up situations fixed in the forums before. Let us know what we could do to protect the buyer/seller.

Edit: Or if this is even remotely practical/possible for a good transaction.

Last edited:

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I sold my cobra to another member on here. I was out of state away from the car during the whole process...and he lived several states away so he was never there hands on either.

He had a local dealer send out a mechanic to check out and test drive the car, he chose the mechanic and I was not present during any of this. Based on talking to him he talked to several before he felt comfortable that the guy knew what he was talking about.

After he decided to go for it he located a trustworthy transport...the truck driver parked in town, caught a ride with one of my family-members to the vehicle, then driver drove it back to town and loaded it.

The buyer recieved the car with no issues and we still remain in contact about it to this day! So its definitely possible, put the buyer needs to do most of the coordination for an on site inspection and transportation as he wants to evaluate who he trusts driving it. I'll PM him and ask him to chime in on this thread.

Last edited:

AssassinoGrigio

Established Member
Thanks! My friend sent me this:

Michael,

I suggest you Both get on the phone (After) you (Contact) the place you have it Financed
with to see what the Total (Pay-Off) is.

That Buyer is going to have to get to you like a Certified Check from their Bank where you
can then Pay Off the Bullitt.

And this is going to get a little complicated.

They pay you whatever both of you have agreed on.
You pay off the Bullitt.
The Bank or place that has the Bullitt is Financed with has to send you the (Title).
If you are going to Ship the Car on a Transport someone has to pay for that and I imagine that is up front. (Not-Sure)
The Buyer is going to have to be willing to WAIT for the Title to get to them.
I would send the Title with the US Postal Service where you can send it Registered and get
back a Signed Receipt from the Buyer that they Received it.

There is going to have to be a lot of TRUST from the BUYER on this.
As they are Buying a Bullitt unseen and then paying for it up Front.

I would get with that Buyer on the phone or better yet if you Both happen to have SKYPE
where you can see one another.
That would even be better.

This will take some Planning and some Time to get it all done.

But it is doable if Both Parties TRUST one Another.

I will add this comment to You.
(Don't Ship the Bullitt without it being Paid Off by the Buyer)

Protect Yourself !!!

And the Buyer can Protect themselves by making the payment where they know it is going to
the Company the Bullitt is Financed with.

Then make another Cashiers Check to you for the (Difference) in the Pay-Off and what you Sold the Bullitt for.

Good-Luck.

Terry

Todd03Blown

Established Member
I sold my car off of here to a guy stationed in Germany while I was located in the Atlanta area. He never met me or saw the car until the day he flew in from Germany to pick it up. I sent him all the pictures, information on the car etc etc. Was a great sale and not one single issue during the whole process. In other words things like this can be done!

good luck!!

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
if he gets a loan through his bank, usually they need the seller to come to the branch in person to fill out paperwork; however this may be done via fax.

KingCobra1204

KingSVTCobra
Established Member
This is very helpful info, thank you!

Yeah when I bought my 04 GT Anniv, it was pretty complicating the loan and all. Bought it last year and luckily the person I bought it 4rm was very patient with me. My bank only reside in NC and the seller resided in Texas but after a month of a lot of faxs, phone calls, txts, everything got done. Had no regrets.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
if he gets a loan through his bank, usually they need the seller to come to the branch in person to fill out paperwork; however this may be done via fax.

This is true as well.

I have a smaller bank where I knew the loan officer/VP so that helped.

But if they want you to sign all of the papers before putting the money in your account, ask them if they will accept signed copies via fax, then you can snail mail the originals ASAP. This is what my bank did for all of my loans and worked out very well each time. As soon as they got the fax copies they put the money in my account and the money went to the seller moments after that!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is true as well.

I have a smaller bank where I knew the loan officer/VP so that helped.

But if they want you to sign all of the papers before putting the money in your account, ask them if they will accept signed copies via fax, then you can snail mail the originals ASAP. This is what my bank did for all of my loans and worked out very well each time. As soon as they got the fax copies they put the money in my account and the money went to the seller moments after that!
That is pretty much what I did when I sold my '03 Cobra to an SVTP member residing in Arizona. He then flew to CT to test drive the car (he knew it pretty well from all of my posts) and handed me the certified check.

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
my last cobra i sold to a user in california... i live in wisconsin.

i had videos, and every pic of every angle and posted just about every scratch on the car so he knew everything about the car.

i picked him up at the airport. went to a near by bank to do the paper work and count the money. gave him a ride in the car... let him hear the kenne bell a few times and he drove the car 2300 miles back home.

i would suggest having a bill of sale. get a plane ticket there, and go over the car drive it check everything on the car you can imagine( have a check list to go over when you get there.)

you can go to the bank where he has a lien on the car and get it paid off and they can stamp the title at the bank.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I bought my car without seeing it. Previous owner had a lien and I was putting a lien on it when I bought it.

Had to find a dedicated loan officer at my local bank branch who was able to get the necessary documents and inspections taken care of to approve the loan. I then drove to the location of the vehicle, did a quick test drive, and signed the bill of sale.

Alot of trust on my part and I don't think I was let down on the seller's part.

I would highly recommend against buying a sports car, especially one that is modified, without personally getting seat time in it before signing the remaining paperwork. I don't care how much I trust someone, I trust my own test drive more.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I bought my car without seeing it. Previous owner had a lien and I was putting a lien on it when I bought it.

Had to find a dedicated loan officer at my local bank branch who was able to get the necessary documents and inspections taken care of to approve the loan. I then drove to the location of the vehicle, did a quick test drive, and signed the bill of sale.

Alot of trust on my part and I don't think I was let down on the seller's part.

I would highly recommend against buying a sports car, especially one that is modified, without personally getting seat time in it before signing the remaining paperwork. I don't care how much I trust someone, I trust my own test drive more.

I'd like to add that if the seller is an active member of a Mustang forum (or SVTP) you can browse his posts (if you haven't already) and get to know the person and the car. That's how my 2003 Cobra sold so quickly to a member here. He knew the car well through my posts over the years and was very comfortable committing to a purchase sight unseen. He did, though, fly from AZ to CT to deliver payment and give the car a quick check and test drive. However, this scenario is not very common so I do agree that in most cases you should check the car out in person (or have someone you trust do it for you) before committing to the buy. JMO.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I sold my car off of here to a guy stationed in Germany while I was located in the Atlanta area. He never met me or saw the car until the day he flew in from Germany to pick it up. I sent him all the pictures, information on the car etc etc. Was a great sale and not one single issue during the whole process. In other words things like this can be done!

good luck!!

I bought my Cobra from a member on here that lives in Texas, and I am in South Carolina. The car he was selling was the best possible choice for me. I was trying to find a Torch Red 10th Anniversary Cobra with low miles for years. This one only had 372 miles on it and this was in 06. As soon as I saw it for sale in the Market section on here I knew I had to have it. There was one guy in front of me ready to buy it but luckily for me he dropped out. I spoke with the guy on the phone a few times and he sent me pictures of the car. The guy seemed to be honest to me, and checking out the vin number showed everything was on the up and up. So I pulled the trigger without seeing it in person (this made me very nervous) and hoped for the best. What I received a month later, stupid transportation companies, was something that far exceeded my expectations. Every conceivable piece of information that was ever associated with the car was provided. On top of that, he provided the free book that every 03 owner got. There was still plastic on the floor mate emblems and plastic on the radio. That car looked just how it did in the pics; great and stock, just how I wanted it. I couldn't believe I was lucky enough to get this deal. I essentially received a brand new 10th Anniversary Cobra in 2006. I love the car more and more every day. As a matter of fact, I just finished washing and waxing it yesterday. Spent about 6 hours on the waxing part alone.

IMG_0639.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

IMG_0311.jpg

After I put 2 miles on it.....whoops (ha).
IMG_0312.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread