What would you do?

• Leave it vorteched at 410hp

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Take the time to turbo and shoot for 600's

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

Chais92

Established Member
Alright so I am currently at a crossroads! I have an intercooled vortech v1 kit and we all know how limiting those are! I have a buyer for it right now and am in contact with a guy with a turbo kit for the same price that I'm selling my kit for. So it'll be a sell then turn around and buy type thing. Only problem is that I'm sure I will have to sort out the turbo setup and work out kinks and get it setup good which will cost money. And ill for sure have to do a cam swap but I would sell my blower cams to help that. The debate is leave it alone the way it is now (running good with a weak 410hp) or let it be down for who knows how long spending little bits at a time to get a turbo kit right and then make big power (already have a motor/fuel system ready for mid 600s at the wheels)

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Do you have a daily driver? If so get the turbo no question.

bobby_0081

Established Member
Sell the vortech and buy a kenne bell 2.8 and a set of trick flow 195 cnc ported heads! Just my opinion. I am not one of the turbo crazy types though.

Chais92

Established Member
The car will be mainly a street car with occasional strip trips. I'm wanting high 500s- low 600s at the wheels. I'm actually pretty set on the turbo option just because I've always like the way turbo power comes on and everyone has a vortech 2v.

Oiljunkie

Adrenaline junkie
Established Member
Manual? if so i would choose a KB over a Turbo
Auto then go Turbo and ask a lot of questions and get a good setup that will come on hard. Matching tranny,gears,converter,turbo,down pipe can be a mean animal on the street.

I was dead set on going turbo with me 4v swap, I got talked out of it by a turbo guy and persuaded to the eaton swap. He said a PD blower is hard to beat on the street behind a stick, but a turbo/auto combo matched perfectly will kill it

blacksheep-1

Established Member
The ultimate HP numbers will be had with a turbo..however, that does not necessarily lend itself to streetable driveability, for that, it would be hard to beat a Kenne Bell.

Chais92

Established Member
Vortech is sold and turbo kit and kmember is on the way. Now debate is what cams. Go back to stock cams or try and find a decently priced turbo cam. I've read the hp s292 cams are bad with turbos and also gotta find a coilover kit

TClark22

Established Member
good choice. Your forged...get out of the 400s already!! Represent that 2v proudly...make some power.

I can't believe your forged and only making 400...lol i couldn't deal with it!

Chais92

Established Member
Haha your preaching to the choir bro! I thought I was gonna cry everytime I drove the car! It was definitely the safest 410hp ever made!

Users who are viewing this thread