Calling SVT help anything?

LiquidStang

Established Member
I have a TICK coming from my cobra...and my service department agreed that there was a tick, but they were convinced it was coming from the transmission. After two visits to the dealer and them saying it's fixed, they still haven't got it fixed. They always claim to not hear it.....but once I have them put it on a lift we hear it under the engine.

Now, I have friends with cobras (one with a head fix/one without) and both are whisper quiet compared to my freakin TICK TICK TICK TICK TICKing car. It's not as loud as some of "the tick" videos, but loud enough to be annoying.

Anyhow, my dealer is NOT and SVT dealer, and thus there is no SVT Certified tech. However, the closest dealer that is SVT is 70 miles away.

So, would calling SVT and talking to them help anything? Or are they a bunch of idiots on the phone that can only give out Certificates and tell you about their cars? I just want my cobra fixed before my warranty runs out next month.

-Eric

GodStang

Established Member
SVT is a bunch of idiots. They will just send you to ford racing. At least that is what they did when I called about a recent problem like yours.

LiquidStang

Established Member
GodStang said:
SVT is a bunch of idiots. They will just send you to ford racing. At least that is what they did when I called about a recent problem like yours.

Did calling FR help anything? Or do I need to just call and make an appointment with an SVT Tech at an SVT Certified dealership? Or are they no better than the other techs? :fm:

-Eric

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Calling SVT has brought mixed reviews. I've heard of cases where they have helped, but more that they haven't helped much. It is usually the dealer talking to SVT that brings positive or negative results depending on the issue. I would certainly give it a shot and also call Ford but if it were me, I'd give that dealer 70 miles away a call. If you like what they're saying it would probably be worth the trip. For the record, my SVT dealer was about 50 miles away and well worth the trip. They always took good care of me. There were two other dealers within 20 minutes of my house but I more trusted the dealer 50 miles away. Best of luck!

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
70 miles is nothing. Make the trip.

Definitely call SVT and make sure you log your complaint with your VIN number. The more people who call, the more Ford will pay attention to the Cobra problems. 1 call = nothing. 1,000 calls = Ford realizes they have a problem and maybe does something about it.

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
flyn high again said:
70 miles is nothing. Make the trip.

Definitely call SVT and make sure you log your complaint with your VIN number. The more people who call, the more Ford will pay attention to the Cobra problems. 1 call = nothing. 1,000 calls = Ford realizes they have a problem and maybe does something about it.

what he said,,,

LiquidStang

Established Member
I called SVT today and they said to try the SVT dealer, and "logged" my complaint. I also called the dealer out of town today and I was afraid I called the wrong place cause the lady in the service department was actually *gasp* nice! They lined me up with an appointment, said they'd have a rental car waiting on me when I got there, etc. So I take her in Monday morning........I'll let you all know what happens once I get the car back :).

Thanks guys!

-Eric

Users who are viewing this thread