Calling upon the SVTP detectives

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
So, about a month ago I had about $400 worth of Snap-On tools that I tool to the track with me to do a little maintenance on my car after making passes. Well, they wound up in the wrong hands. Admittedly, it was my fault, I had too much trust in somebody they was not worthy of it.

After going back and forth with said person, at first he was cooperating, saying he would bring them one day, but after about a month of "I will bring them tomorrow"s, he is no longer cooperating. I managed to get his cellphone number, but other than that, the trail has gone cold for me. I have exhausted my resources.

So I am calling upon the fellow SVTP detective members, such as Common, among others who have brought justice to the members of this forum. I can provide all information I can upon request if a member is willing to offer help. though the information I have is little, I believe cellphone numbers and license plates can provide enough information for me to settle this matter.

Any help will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Memphis Police Dept
949 E Eh Crump Blvd, Memphis, TN 38104
(901) 636-4600

a theft has occurred. report it. have a warrant issued. let the police handle it.

Kiohtee

Established Member
Should really be forwarded to the Police.

Memphis Police Dept
949 E Eh Crump Blvd, Memphis, TN 38104
(901) 636-4600

a theft has occurred. report it. have a warrant issued. let the police handle it.

Pretty much this. OP, you may get some bites to help, but SVTP mainly deals with transactions gone wrong on here.

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
I realize if it comes to that point that police should be involved, but if there's any way I can get them back without doing so, I'd rather take that option. All I need is an address to the shop where they're at. a face to face situation should solve this in my opinion.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
you wont get the stuff back. this will motivate him.

you dont want to call police, thats cool. but before too long you will wish you had.

ElscottHavoc

It's all your fault.
Established Member
At least if you report it to the police, if you don't get the stuff back you'll have evidence for claiming a theft loss on taxes.

Posted via Topify using Android

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
After thinking about it, I think police involvement is my best option. A face to face meet might end up in actions that could potentially worsen the situation with other charges being filed, possibly on myself.

Charges on my record is not something I need while in the middle of schooling to be an avionics tech. Police will be notified - even if it gets me nowhere.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
Call the cops. They may not be able to get the tools back, but maybe they can. A lot of *ssholes see the light when a police officer comes around to the shop for a little talk.

I realize if it comes to that point that police should be involved, but if there's any way I can get them back without doing so, I'd rather take that option. All I need is an address to the shop where they're at. a face to face situation should solve this in my opinion.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
Schedule it so you're there when the officer is.

If you identify your tools in the officers' presence, it's pretty likely that the officer will say "give him his tools back, I don't want to do the paperwork of dragging you in to the station over this."

-edit- you need to surprise him, or he'll hide your stuff.-

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
After thinking about it, I think police involvement is my best option. A face to face meet might end up in actions that could potentially worsen the situation with other charges being filed, possibly on myself.

Charges on my record is not something I need while in the middle of schooling to be an avionics tech. Police will be notified - even if it gets me nowhere.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Nice work! You will know you did all you could. Let us hope it goes well!

Users who are viewing this thread