CAlly Rolling Blackouts

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Let's see. Some of the best geography on the planet, make a small fortune in real estate just owning a home over time, get paid obscene amounts of money to work from my recliner, look to my left and see TONS of deer, bobcats, foxes- and dozens of other cool animals in my backyard, great weather for the most part, no crime in my neighborhood in 20 years, expensive enough to keep the riffraff out. Shall I go on?

We have rolling blackouts for the first time in 19 years. It'll be over next week. Shall we review the recent developments in MN and guess on how long it'll take to get that shit show straightened out?

Oh no, MN sucks as bad as CA for taxes and winters can be brutal. Wife and I will head for a lower tax climate in time.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Really? I had no idea the Carolinas had geography on par with Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, and Big Sur / Carmel.

You're talking up California a little too much. Utah and Wyoming put California to shame and I would even argue Washington has better scenery than California. It has a few great spots but the rest is barren wasteland filled with multi-million dollar properties that spruce it up and make it look nicer than it is. I hated living in California and couldn't wait to get out of there. I drive out of my complex every morning to the sight of Mt Rainier filling half the horizon in front of me. I never get tired of seeing it.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Really? I had no idea the Carolinas had geography on par with Yosemite, Lake Tahoe, and Big Sur / Carmel.

mountains, lakes, beaches, food, etc

I’ve been to mountains in Cali and lived in Colorado for years.. was never like “ omg Cali mountains are so much better”

same with beaches.. a margarita on the water is a margarita on the water I don’t care about the color of the sand.

cali has everything so do the Carolinas.. except Carolinas don’t have the insanity wide spread like Cali has..

and southern hospitality > California

Fat Boss

Established Member
You're talking up California a little too much. Utah and Wyoming put California to shame and I would even argue Washington has better scenery than California. It has a few great spots but the rest is barren wasteland filled with multi-million dollar properties that spruce it up and make it look nicer than it is. I hated living in California and couldn't wait to get out of there. I drive out of my complex every morning to the sight of Mt Rainier filling half the horizon in front of me. I never get tired of seeing it.

You missed the point. Comp Orange said the Carolinas had all that except the money. Clearly there are other places in the US that have spectacular geography, including Washington. Hopefully Rainier doesn't erupt in your lifetime. There's some real doomsday scenarios on that one.

I’ve been to mountains in Cali and lived in Colorado for years.. was never like “ omg Cali mountains are so much better”

same with beaches.. a margarita on the water is a margarita on the water I don’t care about the color of the sand.

cali has everything so do the Carolinas.. except Carolinas don’t have the insanity wide spread like Cali has..

My point was it's hard to have all the positives I mentioned. And clearly very, very few other places have them all.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
You missed the point. Comp Orange said the Carolinas had all that except the money. Clearly there are other places in the US that have spectacular geography, including Washington. Hopefully Rainier doesn't erupt in your lifetime. There's some real doomsday scenarios on that one.

My point was it's hard to have all the positives I mentioned. And clearly very, very few other places have them all.
You can have all the positives you want. But all of the positives don't matter when the government is constantly ****ing you without a reach around.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
You can have all the positives you want. But all of the positives don't matter when the government is constantly ****ing you without a reach around.

It’s literally like saying..

My woman is a mix of Sofia Vergara and Jennifer Aniston, she’s worth 100 million dollars, she puts out all the time, brings her girlfriends in for extra fun, buys me whatever I want, cooks and cleans..

... except she has Aids

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member

My woman is a mix of Sofia Vergara and Jennifer Aniston, she’s worth 100 million dollars, gives head to all the dudes, brings her girlfriends in for extra fun, buys them whatever they want, cooks, and cleans...

...and I get to sit in the corner and film it all
FIFY

MFE

Established Member
Bwahaha! Where at?

I lived on Emerald for many years in my mid 20’s to early 30’s and yes, it is one gigantic smokeshow scene literally every day. I’ve always stressed to friends and family that IF you are moving here, living in PB is a must-even if its only for a year. It needs to be experienced.

Basically a nonstop party. I’ve had MANY lift sessions thrown off the rails because of all the sizzling booty running around the PB 24 hour fitness.

Ocean Boulevard between Diamond and Emerald

Last edited:

sleek98

Established Member
I’m assuming if you made $700k you would only be taxed on the last $200k?

So if you only owned the house 3 years it would not work?

If your Married filing joint, and you both qualify, ie you and your spouse both have lived in and owned the house for 2 of the last 5 years then you would end up picking up 200k in capital gain.

If your single or you are the only one on the deed (married after you purchased the house and never added the spouse to the deed) it is only 250k and you would pick up 450k.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member

My woman is a mix of Sofia Vergara and Jennifer Aniston, she’s worth 100 million dollars, she puts out all the time, brings her girlfriends in for extra fun, buys me whatever I want, cooks and cleans..

... except she has Aids

Buy a condom and wait till she kicks the bucket.

That new acquired net worth can get you another one without the aids.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member

Yep and no douchbags

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member

I probably quoted the wrong post, but was just going off the general tone of your posts about California, but apologies if I misinterpreted them.

I'm definitely in the path of Rainier and will get wiped out if I don't head up to one of the hillsides nearby which is luckily only about a 5min drive to get up there. Even if I couldn't make it in a vehicle due to gridlock I'm pretty sure I could make the run up to safety.

Users who are viewing this thread