Calumet Acquires Royal Purple

FordJunkie

Established Member
I hope this doesn't affect anyone's job with the company. Hoping for a simple merger.

I have to say this makes me nervous for the employees and RP products. One of RP's strong points was the fact it was a small( you know what I mean - small in the oil business )privately owned business. Owned and run by good people who truly tried to put out a top notch product without cutting corners. Being bought out by some big coorporation makes me very nervous as to the direction the new owners will take the company?

Will the bottom line matter more than the product being produced? Will they cheapen the product? Will they continue to be a company that is straight and honest with people who contact them? Will the busines purpose/direction of the company change?

I will withhold judgement until I see how it goes but this "could be" a bad move as far as loyal RP users think. One of the big things that attracted me to them is now gone. If they leave things alone and let the same people run it then it could be a good thing with more money behind the company enabling them to do more to expand. If however this is a typical buy out of a small company with a well made product by a bigger company who then comes in and runs the company into the ground and ruins the product it will stink big time.

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
This is a good thing. This company was also a similar family run company that only went public several years ago, and has a great track record so far investing and improving the companies they have bought.
We have history with them already since we have been buying base oils from them for a while now.
They are very excited about this buy for a number of reasons and view us as their new flag ship company. They mentioned they were not going to change anything for quite sometime as they are wanting to watch and learn for a while.
We are growing quite fast and having Calumet cash investments available will likely make this an even more substantial and exciting period of growth.

Some are a little apprehensive but most think it is going to be a good thing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread