Cam install

shadowmach

Shadowmach
Established Member
I'm pretty deep into my rebuild, I have a 4.75 stroker and I'm about to install the cams, but have been researching, I bought some 97 cobra cams to install, the heads were milled down .003, and new stainless valves an race seals installed, now should I check valve lash or should everything be okay? I leaning towards checking it just to be safe, but not really knowing how to do it, calling around people wanna charge an arm an leg to do it, what's your guys input?

Also is it worth getting a billet geared oil pump, or is the ford racing one fine, I plan on goin turbo, later down the road. I'm kinda figured while its out just buy one, but they're dang pricey, and I've read many failures even with billet pumps, only one I've found that's only had one failure is TSS but they're 500$ is that worth it?

Thanks look Foward to response, don't hold back haha:beer:

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
Why would you put B heads on it when it appears you have a Mach which have C heads?

03Cobrra

Stroked,Screwed & Sprayed
Established Member
I have C heads, just bought 97 cobra CAMS to install

Sorry lol it's been a long day not sure what I was reading. Just saw 97 cobra and heads were milled I guess. You should be ok I don't believe those cams are very aggressive but you can check PTV clearance just to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread