Cam Only 99 Firehark vs E85 2015 5.0

98SVTContour98

Established Member
good runs

Why do people say "Cam Only", when it really has Cam, Heads, Exhaust, and E85 (and probably more bolt ons and a tune too)?

4u 2 nv

I aint nobody
Established Member
good runs

Why do people say "Cam Only", when it really has Cam, Heads, Exhaust, and E85 (and probably more bolt ons and a tune too)?

well in this case he should have said heads and cam but 243s are prob at the bottom of the list of which heads gain the most power. They are stock GM heads you could get on a 5.3 truck at one point. With that..most say cam only as we know the majority of guys with any common sense know what that means. Stock heads but cam and bolt ons. When someone tells me the own a whipple cobra or even a pullied cobra I dont assume the pulley is the only mod. You generally accept that its a normal bolt on car.

98SVTContour98

Established Member
well in this case he should have said heads and cam but 243s are prob at the bottom of the list of which heads gain the most power. They are stock GM heads you could get on a 5.3 truck at one point. With that..most say cam only as we know the majority of guys with any common sense know what that means. Stock heads but cam and bolt ons. When someone tells me the own a whipple cobra or even a pullied cobra I dont assume the pulley is the only mod. You generally accept that its a normal bolt on car.

Ah ok

So saying "cam only" doesn't literally mean "cam only", since it carries with it the logical assumption that more was done to get the car to that point.

What about E85? When one says "E85 Only", what are the logical assumptions that go with that one?

SoFlaZ06

Established Member
Ah ok

So saying "cam only" doesn't literally mean "cam only", since it carries with it the logical assumption that more was done to get the car to that point.

What about E85? When one says "E85 Only", what are the logical assumptions that go with that one?

sure, Cam only covers the supporting mods, supporting mods for "E85 only", will be injectors, tune. covers the basics

Mach828

Established Member
cam-only.jpg

GrabUblue

Established Member
So did the 15 driver just go down hill? He started off pretty good then...

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
good runs

This again? If you don't know what that means then that's on you. Just like when Cobra owners say they have a pullied cobra we know they have supporting mods too.

Zemedici

Established Member
'cam only' on any LS car means

heads
intake
exhaust
cam
blower/nitrous
6 turbos

list goes on and on. Its only LS guys that do that shit too. so lame.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
This again? If you don't know what that means then that's on you. Just like when Cobra owners say they have a pullied cobra we know they have supporting mods too.

If someone tells me they have a "cam only" car, I am assuming it's just that, cam only. The title is misleading because it's not a cam only car. It's a '99 Firehawk with H/C/E/E85(I'm assuming an intake too) vs '15 mustang GT with I/E85 vs Boss Mustang (mods?). I would be impressed with the Firehawk if it really was a cam only but with all the mods it has, I'm not impressed.

Plenty of Cobra and GT500 owners will do a pulley only and the only mod I expect with that is a tune.

maverick0817

Established Member

243's are the same heads that come on the c5 z06, they show pretty decent gains.

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
I guess there is some confusion. As back in the day my 5.0 had stock everything and I could slip in the e303 cam and truly be cam only mod.

Ls1 crowd that means so much more.

At least that's where my guess would be

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
good runs

Because most GM owners don't know what the word "Only" represents, as their IQ prevents them from holding a firm grasp on the English language.

You dont hear 03/04 guys go "pulley only" assuming you know it means pulley swap+tune+boltons. They say "Pulley swap" which has no word in it that limits what would typically be considered needing to be done to support that modification.

Only means only. That's it. Nothing more.

Troponin

Established Member
Because most GM owners don't know what the word "Only" represents, as their IQ prevents them from holding a firm grasp on the English language.

You dont hear 03/04 guys go "pulley only" assuming you know it means pulley swap+tune+boltons. They say "Pulley swap" which has no word in it that limits what would typically be considered needing to be done to support that modification.

Only means only. That's it. Nothing more.

^^^This.

Saying Cam only is a way of getting out of giving away the rest of your mods so that you can pick out easier wins, and, you're not as embarrassed when you lose.

I feel like saying my Mustang is bolt on and tune only when I hear someone tell me they are "cam only".

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
^^^This.

Saying Cam only is a way of getting out of giving away the rest of your mods so that you can pick out easier wins, and, you're not as embarrassed when you lose.

I feel like saying my Mustang is bolt on and tune only when I hear someone tell me they are "cam only".

Just say "intake only brah".

One day when my genesis is big turbo swapped with fuel and tuning, im gonna say its "Blowoff valve only" or "shift knob only", you know, because its assumed what the support mods are.

Silver95

Established Member
If you guys consider some crappy OEM stock truck heads as "h/c/I" than be it. Any pics of the engine? I'm willing to bet its rockin a bone stock intake- WORSE case, LS6 intake.

Users who are viewing this thread