Camaro Concept on the Street

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just don't like the front end. Looks too much like a Caddy IMO. Too edgy in relation to the sides and rear. As far as production, GM is going to have to get itself out of its current financial crisis before okaying production. As of yesterday's news, GM is very close to declaring bankruptcy. Apparently much depends on its suppliers deeply cutting their costs and the success of its new 2006 product lineup. I do, though, hope it makes it into production in a body close to the concept. I would be great to see a Mustang/Camaro/Challenger competition. Again! :)

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
the front grille and the back tail lights need to be changed. other than that the rest of the body looks pretty good. can't wait to finally have the worthy competitor back to the pony wars, instead of the lame Charger and the soso GTO. also can't wait for the Challenger!

rmgtc01

Established Member
I agree on the front end, although they did put some HID headlights in there......FORD where are you on that!
400hp is good as well..maybe some competition finally once the aftermarket gets kickin, but as a 2009 model with 400hp may be a little behind. Cobras should be in the 500-600 range by then based on the increases in power for each model. Also, built on the GTO platform will only make it good in the straights. GTO's handle like bricks. Night and day from my Cobra and my buddy's GTO.
It would be good to heat up the old rivalry again though.

GA Terminator

Established Member
I think it is like anything else with concepts. From the concept to production is something entirely different.

SVTContique

rmgtc01 said:
I agree on the front end, although they did put some HID headlights in there......FORD where are you on that!
400hp is good as well..maybe some competition finally once the aftermarket gets kickin, but as a 2009 model with 400hp may be a little behind. Cobras should be in the 500-600 range by then based on the increases in power for each model. Also, built on the GTO platform will only make it good in the straights. GTO's handle like bricks. Night and day from my Cobra and my buddy's GTO.
It would be good to heat up the old rivalry again though.

Everyone knows the production car wont see HID's or 400HP. Its just not cost-effective.

gotwood

Established Member
The concept looks pretty good now, but when the production models roll out they will need to change the name to Crapmaro!

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
TREDCSVT said:
Everyone knows the production car wont see HID's or 400HP. Its just not cost-effective.

And why wouldn't it have the 6.0L 400hp engine? You're right, that would be crazy even though it's already in the GTO....

Users who are viewing this thread