Camaro Enthusiasts Enter Please

His Grace

Genesis 1:31
Established Member
My friend buys and sells cars and he came home with this. He took me for a ride in it, and besides having to butter myself up just to get past the roll cage its seemed like a pretty decent ride, very quick, but not 10 second quick to me, of which he stated it would run.

Any one here with a little bit of knowledge about camaros and their aftermarket parts could you provide me with some insight. Is this a solid build?

I dont want to talk it down, I mean this thing hauled but it didnt seems faster then my stock C6 Z. But maybe I have been out of the game for a little while and dont recognize the actually quickness of the car.

02 camaro ss supercharged!!! Sell or trade MAKE OFFER

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Over $70,000 in parts and labor......

Is it cleaner than the pictures show it to be?

Personally, I'd pass because it seems to be a headache looking for an owner.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
PASS

I have issues with the 02 SS bullshit he's trying to pass for one. It's a built 97 LT1- NOT an 02 SS. There is something to be said for truth in advertising. There are plenty of newer cars out there that are just as built that are more reliable, comfortable etc. I'd move on if I were you.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
He's asking way too much money for that car. It isn't even a factory SS. It is certainly nicely done, but not worth that kind of money. If he gets $10K for it I'll be surprised. That is, unless he gets really lucky and finds that one person willing to give him close to what he is asking because the buyer HAS to have that car.

This Camaro build is similar to my old '94 Callaway Camaro. It was literally a Callaway parts catalog on wheels, as I had every catalog option they offered. It was a multi-year regional show winner in pristine condition with new paint. My buyer was that one (rare) person who just had to have the car at any fair price. He heard about my car and contacted me out of the blue, asking how much I wanted and if I would sell it. I was agreeable, and he paid way over market and he knew it. He was happy to own it. Anybody else would have offered me much less. Certainly doesn't hurt to take a gamble and ask for more than a car is worth. But usually the price has to come down to where it attracts more than that ONE rare person willing to pay more. I wish him well.

Let us know what happens.

His Grace

Established Member
Thanks for the info, I was just curious, even more curious what it would actually run. Weird thing is, there is no boost gauge so you dont have any idea how much its putting out.

It was fun though, it hauls thats for sure.

His Grace

Established Member
Over $70,000 in parts and labor......

Is it cleaner than the pictures show it to be?

Personally, I'd pass because it seems to be a headache looking for an owner.

Hmmm, the paint is pretty flawless, but just a basic interior, nothing out of the ordinary. In fact, besides the obvious roll cage, its a complete sleeper inside.

Wide open throttle, would probably make the little kids on the block cry though.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Ugh, $7-9000 on a good day. I read the ad twice. First thing that sticks out. "Engine fire",
Second. It is a '97 with an '02 front end, that was novel for about 5 mins in 2000.(think '79 Mustang with '87 front but worse). Third, it is Bright Purple Metallic.

It appears to be a car that got smacked up caught fire that someone made into a respectable street machine in 2002.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I'd definately pass. Seems like a good build, and would make good power... It's just it's a cluster ****. It's a 97 with a LT1. Not a 02 SS. Second, that's asking way too much. It's worth $9k ish on a good day.

I've owned a few LT1's, and will never own another one again. They're a total PITA to work on, they don't have a great aftermarket, and they're "old technology".

There are tons of fast one out there, but they're not really highly desired anymore.

SBVERT03

Established Member
I dont like how the add title says its an 02 SS but its really a 97. I bet its a pretty fast car, but you could get something alot nicer for the money.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
No way I'd buy that car especially not for that ridiculous price. The power is weak too. I had a '95 Z with a 396, ported stock heads, ported stock intake, off the shelf comp cam, etc etc and with a 175 shot I put down 630rwhp. The car was super clean with low miles, fully loaded, 12 bolt rear, suspension, etc and it wasn't worth that much 12 years ago lol. I really liked the car but it was a PITA. I'd never own another with the options that are available now.

Users who are viewing this thread