Camaro SS vs S197 with Bolt ons "roomates at war"

clc44

Established Member
What do you drive? I'm guessing 5.0. Your roommates 3v needs several things. As said most mods aren't doing him any good ATM. Needs long tubes, at least nsr cams, stall and a real dyno tune. He MIGHT be making 290 /300 rwhp.

Zemedici

Established Member
I guess we know who the party pooper is... Lol

they're just not funny - its like one of those jokes that someone tells and you get like a half chuckle out of it, but then that person thinks they're funnier then Kevin Hart, so they now tell jokes 150% of the time. Like....can you not? hahahah

finally somebody that agrees with me.

See? Not just me.

Rios302

Established Member
Indeed, a bit long, but good ending, OP!
That 3V GT does need much better mods to have a chance against a good driver though. Tell him to save up for a Vortech.
Yeah he did wasted too much money on useless mods. I also forgot to add some other details that might have slowed his car even more. His older brother gave him 19 inch wheels out of his 2011 Mustang GT. I been reading and apparently those wheels are quite heavy. Not only that he added some type of wheel spacers that also added weight. His tire set up is not good either. He is running 275-45-19 all season tires which I assumed are heavier than the ideal tire of 30-35 height depending on the width of the tire. I for some reason think he made his 3v slower than when it belonged to his older brother who was running stock 18 aluminum wheels with proper tire from factory. The only difference now is the addition of a Ford Racing Manifold.

The more I look at his car the more things I find wrong about it.

Last edited:

Rios302

Established Member
they're just not funny - its like one of those jokes that someone tells and you get like a half chuckle out of it, but then that person thinks they're funnier then Kevin Hart, so they now tell jokes 150% of the time. Like....can you not? hahahah

See? Not just me.
Wait did you just said Kevin Hart was funny. If he is then for sure that I am still not 100% into the American culture just yet.

Rios302

Established Member
What do you drive? I'm guessing 5.0. Your roommates 3v needs several things. As said most mods aren't doing him any good ATM. Needs long tubes, at least nsr cams, stall and a real dyno tune. He MIGHT be making 290 /300 rwhp.
Yeah the 5.0 is mine. When it comes to his 3v, even though he added more hp compare to stock he also added weight to the car, worst of all he added it in the wrong place as I mentioned in my previous post. There is light after the tunnel for his 3v though. I talked to him just the other day and now that he lost to the stock SS he now listens to me. So might actually add some mods that actually add performance in the right direction. He is already thinking about lighter wheels, summer tires, Cams and even a Supercharger. He might also end up buying a whole new car. He mentioned a late model Shelby Cobra. Enough to wipe our asses out of the water. I say this because just last week he doubled his salary with new job.

silverbullit02

Established Member
I know my cammed 3v could take a SS 5th gen. Now anything that was modded i was toast. They can be quick for what they are but they need to have like 4.10s cams longtubes and a driver to be worth a shit. I ran a 12.50 at 109 driving the **** out of mine and that was it. Now once it was boosted it was faster but then I couldn't hook.

Rios302

Established Member
I know my cammed 3v could take a SS 5th gen. Now anything that was modded i was toast. They can be quick for what they are but they need to have like 4.10s cams longtubes and a driver to be worth a shit. I ran a 12.50 at 109 driving the **** out of mine and that was it. Now once it was boosted it was faster but then I couldn't hook.
Yeah I know what you mean, I know its possible to beat a stock 5 Gen Camaro SS/Coyote stock you just need the right mods like you said and the proper driver is a must as well no doubt.

03 deadpool

Established Member
My friend bought every bolt on for his 3 valve then spent close to 10 grand on a kennebell supercharger install and tune and it still could not hang with my pullied cobra.

MattGT06

Established Member
Id like to find an Newer Camaro or a Coyote around me that was stock or close to stock to run I'd Love to see how I compare to them.

Users who are viewing this thread