Came By This Cheap.... What is It?

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
That is an aviator motor and absolutely NOT a panther frame, not a Marauder frame. That is a truck frame, the wheels remind me of an early expedition. Someone stuck an aviator motor on a truck frame.

The aviator had a totally different intake from the Mach 1 and Marauder (M1/Marauder were a mirror image of each other)

The aviator had IMRC's and a 70mm circle throttle body not the dual oval 57mm the mach 1 and marauder had. I stuck an aviator motor in my old 03 Marauder and remember all the bits I had to change.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
I guess it has ahighly sought after 10 bolt...9 inch ford rear end

just one more thing i wasnt sure if you were being sarcastic here but a ford 9" rear is a totally different animal. that one loads the pumpkin from the front.

the one in your pic here is a ford 8.8, very common.

JohnnyReb1951

just one more thing i wasnt sure if you were being sarcastic here but a ford 9" rear is a totally different animal. that one loads the pumpkin from the front.

the one in your pic here is a ford 8.8, very common.
No, I did not know.... TY for the help. I prefer older cars... just could not pass up... $300 for the 1997-2002 Expedition frame, 4.6L32V Mach 1 engine, harness, SS headers, trans, driveshaft, rear end, hubs, wheels and tires.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Ty.... My investigation has mainly shown it is a Mach 1....4.6L32V engine on a 1998-2002 Expedition frame.

post a pic of the top so I can see the top of the intake manifold

the long block is all the same either way, they used the same heads / cams / rotating assy / block between the aviator, mach 1 (except for the mach 1 manual which had the forged 8 bolt crank) and aviator

Users who are viewing this thread