jlt resonator delete
l&m cams
vmp 2.5 pulley
lethal orx
Corsa extremes

Cabikejumper

Blown n stroked ;)
Established Member
I lost 1.5-2psi. And I made less HP now that I had the cams installed.

Svtperformances website is a piece of shit. I can't see what I wrote in the original post with the YouTube video. Is it showing? It shows when I click edit but not in the original post. Won't work on my phone or laptop.

Last edited:

gt347mustang

Established Member
I lost 1.5-2psi. And I made less HP now that I had the cams installed.

Svtperformances website is a piece of shit. I can't see what I wrote in the original post with the YouTube video. Is it showing? It shows when I click edit but not in the original post. Won't work on my phone or laptop.

I think we got a PEBCAK problem!

[youtube_browser]9xs55JFvFFo[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Gabe9195

Whippled Coyote
Established Member
Finally got the L&M NSR cams installed.

[video=youtube;9xs55JFvFFo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xs55JFvFFo[/video]

jlt resonator delete
l&m cams
vmp 2.5 pulley
lethal orx
Corsa extremes

That sounds nasty!

hotford

Established Member
somethings wrong there bro, you should be picking up HP not losing it..........
40 plus RWHP gain with anything in the stage 3-4 range.......

Cabikejumper

Blown n stroked ;)
Established Member
Car sputters 0-2450rpm then gets after it. I made 533 with just a pulley. Now I'm at 520 with cams and same pulley. Shop is saying I need a tensioner. Once I get that, I'll gain the boost back and make the 50-60hp

TerminatorSVT03

Established Member
Car sputters 0-2450rpm then gets after it. I made 533 with just a pulley. Now I'm at 520 with cams and same pulley. Shop is saying I need a tensioner. Once I get that, I'll gain the boost back and make the 50-60hp

Loosing boost is a good thing. That means your cams are doing its job. Your making your set up more efficient. I made 714 rwhp with stock manifolds. I installed longtube headers and dropped 4 psi of boost but gained 40hp and 45trq. Your car sounds like the belt may be skipping and it needs a good tune.

Cabikejumper

Blown n stroked ;)
Established Member
I couldn't get the tube to download.

I have two problems now. Both started after the cams were installed

1- car is misfiring until 2400rpm. Car threw a random misfire. Changed the plugs, checked the COPs. Still there.

2- after the car gets to temp, it leaks coolant. I can't pin point the leak. I didn't have time before I left for work. It does not leak when I let it run for a minute in the garage. I only notice a puddle after I took the car out. When I left the two places( I didn't notice the leak) only noticed it after an hour or two of sitting in the Garage.

86866086-F243-43DA-AB4A-DC34813CA617_zpspgy7tfzf.jpg

7A885CA6-CAC8-4D6D-B1B8-B2C37ADE5DB6_zpskznswfdf.jpg

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
That sucks. Someone somewhere missed something. Hose clamps. That's all I can think of. Did they do it in the car or drop the motor out? I would take it back to whoever did the install.

Last edited:

Cabikejumper

Blown n stroked ;)
Established Member
That's the thing, I work out of town 8-10 months out of the year. I can't just take it back to the shop. Plus, if it is a coolant issue, I'll have to rent another trailer and go through that whole hassle again.

I did get the MGW Gen 2 in yesterday. Too bad I left this morning for work. I have two wait a few months to installing.

BEB9C0F3-9992-48CE-A323-AF31CD12AA56_zpsnhjubunk.jpg

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
At least get a hold of them and let them know there is a problem. That way they can't say "you had it months ad now say it had problems when you picked it up". Hope you can get it sorted out.

Users who are viewing this thread