Cammed GT500

Cabikejumper

Blown n stroked ;)
Established Member
D9FFF62C-D627-4B38-9869-737374541574_zpskvi2nvzm.jpg

Car is finally done. Lund is happy with the tune. Shop said the drivability issue is gone and that it was all in the original TSS tune. Car made 570/556

Speedboosted

Established Member
D9FFF62C-D627-4B38-9869-737374541574_zpskvi2nvzm.jpg

Car is finally done. Lund is happy with the tune. Shop said the drivability issue is gone and that it was all in the original TSS tune. Car made 570/556

Good to hear he got you going. 570 seems a little low to me, but maybe I'm wrong. Are you at least happy with the car at this point?

Cabikejumper

Blown n stroked ;)
Established Member
570 seems low but as Long as the drivability is gone, I'm happy. It'll be a few weeks before I can pick the car up.

It's been a long three months.

L&M cams
Lethal ORX
Corsa extreme ab
VMP 67mm TB
JLT 123 cai
VMP 2.5 pulley

Made 533 with
ORX, frpp stinger
VMP 2.5 pulley
JLT res delete.

I'm sure the 570 pull was heat soaked as well.

kw_rc

Established Member
That's great news. Im glad it was sorted out. You picked up nearly 40hp which is in the ballpark of typical gains. Add better s/c and it'll wake up even more. Gonna be a nice Xmas present to yourself.

Cabikejumper

Blown n stroked ;)
Established Member
Yep. Lund rescued me. I was ready to trade it in.

40hp was with cams, VMP TB, and cai. Which seems a little low but I'm
Still happy. It's finally drivable.

redline

Established Member
i still ask the question ,was the cam degree?i know cam builders have tolerances too.

serickson1

sericksonGT500
Established Member
Glad to hear you got it all sorted out……wasn't cam profile issue or rear end gear ratio….just needed a good tuner to the rescue...

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Glad to hear it OP. Just got my girl back from the body shop myself... missed this damn thing and Im sure you did too. I had a feeling it was tune. Only Lund or VMP will ever tune my car for this exact reason.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
So most importantly, how does it feel? It certainly sounds awesome.

Just for comparison in terms of HP, my car made 20 RWHP more with a change from a FRPP CJ 65mm TB to an L&M 72mm TB; no other changes, no tune changes no nothing. Same dyno, same day, 20RWHP and that's going from a 65 to a 72, not stock to 72. Unfortunately the car only ran on the dyno, once it got onto the street, the drivability was non-existent so the CJ65 went back on.

That being said, the dyno doesn't tell the story its . Get it on the street, see how it feels and then get it to the track and see how performs. trap

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
So most importantly, how does it feel? It certainly sounds awesome.

Just for comparison in terms of HP, my car made 20 RWHP more with a change from a FRPP CJ 65mm TB to an L&M 72mm TB; no other changes, no tune changes no nothing. Same dyno, same day, 20RWHP and that's going from a 65 to a 72, not stock to 72. Unfortunately the car only ran on the dyno, once it got onto the street, the drivability was non-existent so the CJ65 went back on.

You should try the Super Cobra Jet monoblade throttle body. I went from the Cobra Jet twin 65mm to that one and my butt dyno tells me I picked up at least 20WHP. No tune change, not driveability issues, nothing. Just a straight plug-n-play swap.

Users who are viewing this thread