cammed mach1 vs new 5.0

cobra916

Established Member
cammed mach1 vs new 5.0..with some videos

hey guys just wanted everyone to know we got hope..last 2 nights i beat 2 new 5.0s.. i have full bolt ons and 430s.. first one was a grabber blue just met on the freeway.. did a 65ish roll and 80 roll both times just edged him out..im sorry i dont have video..last night i ran a auto full bolt ons with 315 gears... ran a 60 roll beat him half car or so..to tell you the truth i am very surprised and thought the first one was a fluke..but the second one i parked and talked to the guy..he thought i was shooting nos haha..i might have some video to post later from my buddys iphone of the run with the auto...not sure of quality though :rockon:

Last edited:

clc44

Established Member
Thats awesome. What cams are you running and dyno numbers? Just wondering what it takes to beat one. Thanks man!! Keep on representing the Mach's.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
im running crower stage 2s.. im making 350 std and 330 something tq.

thats enough along with gears to beat a stock new 5.0 being they dyno that stock or more anywhere from 340-380rwhp for a stock 5.0 but soon as they start modding it it should be game over for you! strong running mach1 though :beer:

cobra916

Established Member
thats enough along with gears to beat a stock new 5.0 being they dyno that stock or more anywhere from 340-380rwhp for a stock 5.0 but soon as they start modding it it should be game over for you! strong running mach1 though :beer:

the auto was 425 rwhp.. i dont know how but i won..its a auto so you cant say driver..

clc44

Established Member
Are those Crower stage 2 NA cams? Do you have a sound clip? Cams are on my list for mods. Just not sure which ones. I will stay NA and it will be a while lol.

cobra916

Established Member
just talked to the auto 5.0 owner.. his 3rd goes to 122ish .. haha thats the top of my 4th.. i think my gears might have played a key role but im not sure.

cobra916

Established Member
Are those Crower stage 2 NA cams? Do you have a sound clip? Cams are on my list for mods. Just not sure which ones. I will stay NA and it will be a while lol.

i dont have a sound clip but ill see if i can get one.. if i could do it all over again i would get custom spec by john tymensky..and i would get them speced for a stock runner length intake. its all about getting everything to work together.

clc44

Established Member
I may have hope vs. a stock 5.0!
So have the taken your new mach to the track>?
i dont have a sound clip but ill see if i can get one.. if i could do it all over again i would get custom spec by john tymensky..and i would get them speced for a stock runner length intake. its all about getting everything to work together.

Thanks man, what exhaust?

cobra916

Established Member
So have the taken your new mach to the track>?

Thanks man, what exhaust?

im running jlt rai (i hate it..fits like shii) cobra maf housing, hooker lt(fit like shit) slp power flow exhaust(haha guess what fits like shit)..crower stage 2 na cams with valve springs and 430s.

mustangmanjeff

Established Member
the auto was 425 rwhp.. i dont know how but i won..its a auto so you cant say driver..

just talked to the auto 5.0 owner.. his 3rd goes to 122ish .. haha thats the top of my 4th.. i think my gears might have played a key role but im not sure.

Like I stated you got lucky im sure your gears had alot to do with it, like stated they dyno stock same as your cammed modded mach around 340-360rwhp, and some even dyno on the high end bone stock anywhere from 360-380rwhp, now add in mods there 380-400+hp with nothing but tune and cai or catback :poke::shrug::nono:

so good race and strong running mach :beer:

Last edited:

clc44

Established Member
im running jlt rai (i hate it..fits like shii) cobra maf housing, hooker lt(fit like shit) slp power flow exhaust(haha guess what fits like shit)..crower stage 2 na cams with valve springs and 430s.
My jlt fits ok but overall I love it. I've heard bad things about hooked. Def get a clip if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread