Cams

stop2go41

Established Member
I looked on line and cannot seem to find a horsepower number for a cam on a Kenne Bell set up. I have a 2.8 KB puts down 640rwhp and like the cam sound. I got gains on my 3 valve motor but the consensus I have found is that you dont get much on a twin screw set up. Anybody got numbers or info on a stage 3 type set up? Possibly a custom grind... If you get a stage three do you have to do the heads to see gains? I know this is a few questions but cant seem to find much on my set up. Thank you in advance

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
Tons of info on cams on a PD type car. Most of the time a pretty penny for not a lot of gain. Don't have to have heads done but for sure helps.

SlowSVT

Established Member
compared to cams the blower is the 800 lb gorilla in the room

not a lot of return on that investment

stop2go41

Established Member
I have the blower done already just debating on cams. I don't care about pissing money away on it I am way past the point of no return on spending $$. :rockon:

Last edited:

SlowSVT

Established Member
I have the blower done already just debating on cams. I don't care about pissing money away on it I am way past the point of no return on spending $$. :rockon:

Doesn't sound like a "debate" based on this response. Have your credit card ready!

intermatic

Established Member

When I grenaded my motor and was having it rebuilt, I decided to go with the stage 3 comp cams. Unfortunately I can't give you any before and after results since so much changed all at once, but I don't think it contributed much to the overall gains I saw.

The car sounds mean as shit (or annoying as shit to neighbors) and I'll never get tired of it.

HOWEVER, looking back, I will say that I wish I had spent that money on my fuel system instead. I'd certainly be a whole lot closer to running E85 and having a much faster car. That's just my 2 cents.

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
When I grenaded my motor and was having it rebuilt, I decided to go with the stage 3 comp cams. Unfortunately I can't give you any before and after results since so much changed all at once, but I don't think it contributed much to the overall gains I saw.

The car sounds mean as shit (or annoying as shit to neighbors) and I'll never get tired of it.

HOWEVER, looking back, I will say that I wish I had spent that money on my fuel system instead. I'd certainly be a whole lot closer to running E85 and having a much faster car. That's just my 2 cents.

Do you have a clip of your car running? I'd just like to hear how it sounds

GodStang

Established Member

I agree our car with E85 vs our car with same mods and 93 and Cams the E85 one would make so much more power. I actually did a max boost safe on 93 octane and a max boost that E85 could handle and E85 tune and the E85 ran much better and made way more power.

Also have videos in my sig. They are Crower Stage III so they are a bit tamer than the Comps./

Users who are viewing this thread