can a 2.6KB be made to fit under stock hood

hollowdweller

Established Member
Came across a deal on a 2.6KB but if I have to get a new hood I wont be able to swing it. I've heard you can put shims under the Kmember to make it fit??? Anyone heard of this or have a different way to make it fit? I'm selling my 2.1 off my car so if anyones interested shoot me a text at 918-510-7781. Not trying to sell in the tech section, my main question is can the 2.6KB be made to fit under the stock hood?

Here's a link for more info\

Oklahoma Deadhorse Mustangs Forums

If the link doesnt work:
I came across a sweet deal on a 2.6KB that I'm really interested in. Dont really care to get rid on my 2.1KB but I will if I can pick up this 2.6. The 2.6 will come to me as a tuner kit so that's how Ill have to sell my 2.1. My 2.1 has around 10K miles on it and is currently still on the car. Its in excellent condition and in perfect working order. It is a complete 2.1intercooled tuner kit with a detailed installation book. It will come with the stock pulley, JLT CAI, 75mm TB,heat exchanger, and every hose, clamp, nut and bolt I have attached to it on my car. I just got my dyno sheet and the number's are actually higher than whats in my siq. I saw 10lbs on the dyno netting me 455rwhp and 447rwtq. I'm looking to get $3000+shipping. Shoot me a text at 918-510-7781 if your interested. I'll try to post some pics and dyno sheet if I can figure out how!!

Dasaliac03

TWINscrewed
Established Member
Friend of mine has a 2.6, i actually had it for about a month but ended up selling it back to him:bash:

He has a 2.5" cowl hood and it only clears that by MAYBE an inch towards the front of the blower. Pretty sure it wont clear a stock hood, the 2.2's can clear a stock hood if you take the felt lining out............but the 2.2 for a 2v isnt easy to find

Last edited:

triple-s

Established Member
Coming from personal experience it won't fit with out some cutting.I had to cut a hole right in front of the scoop to clear the snout and cut out some from under the scoop to clear the blower.

froush

Established Member
Even the 2.2 wont fit under the stock hood. I dont know if youve tried it or not but i can guarantee it wouldnt. I also have heard you can by shimming the k member but i wouldnt do it. You might wanna spend the extra $350 and get a new hood. Hell paint it black for now and then match it later

Users who are viewing this thread