Can I fit 18" rear wheels on a 2011 Gt500

Raven

Shut Up and Hold On
Established Member
I'm considering buying a new leftover 2011 Shelby so I'm new to the monster and it's requirements.

I have a brand new set of M&H DRs I never used and would like to mount them on light 18" rims if the rims will clear the rear brakes. If not, I'll just sell them and buy what fits.

Any issues, especially with back spacing?

Raven

Shut Up and Hold On
Established Member
Yes, they will clear with ease.

You can even get a 15x10" wheel with a 7.5" backspace to clear if you do the sway bar relocation mod.

Thanks. So I can use an 18x10 rim with 7.5" BS? Should I use a different size rim? Im only concerned about the rears for track time at the strip for now.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
An 18x10 with 7.5" back space should fit fine. The wheel wells on the S197 Mustang isn't shallow by any means.

We've been able to fit an 18x11" (widened stock wheels) with a 345/35/18 MT drag radial.

Raven

Shut Up and Hold On
Established Member
Thanks. So I can use an 18x10 rim with 7.5" BS? Should I use a different size rim? Im only concerned about the rears for track time at the strip for now.

Well, egg on my face.. I just went out to the garage and looked to check the width and low and behold but the darned tires are only 275/50-17s!!!

17's!

I bought them to put on my GN but sold it.

Crap - and probably too narrow to make a difference since they are just 275's to help right?

Just buy new DRs and rims both?

Last edited:

Raven

Shut Up and Hold On
Established Member
An 18x10 with 7.5" back space should fit fine. The wheel wells on the S197 Mustang isn't shallow by any means.

We've been able to fit an 18x11" (widened stock wheels) with a 345/35/18 MT drag radial.

Wow. I'm sure they hook well.

I drove the car yesterday and loved it but the stock F1s were easily overwhelmed by the power.

Users who are viewing this thread