Can I get away with this???

BOOSTER03

Established Member
I know this sounds weird, but I am really liking the small side stripes that Saleen put on the 99-04s underneath the door. I dont have a Saleen, but something better an 03 Cobra Black Convert. I would like the Saleen stripes but where it says Saleen have it say Cobra......could I get away with that? Any pics of a black convert saleen that has this would be greatly appreciated as well as any feedback good or bad (its ok to beat me up on this):D

SVT_4_me

Established Member
you will probably get flamed for wanting to do this... but anyway here is a pic of my old '96 cobra that had similar stripes...

DSC01990.gif

whtsnake03

Established Member
I wouldn't do it but hey it's your car. Part of the fun owning a Mustang is customizing it to your tastes.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
whtsnake03 said:
I wouldn't do it but hey it's your car. Part of the fun owning a Mustang is customizing it to your tastes.
You took the words right out of my mouth. It's all about personal taste. Not everyone is going to like what any one person does to their car.

I say if you like the look of these stripes, go for it. :thumbsup:

FaYgOkRiS

SVT BOSS 570
Established Member
Then again, I shouldnt be the one too talk. My cobra will be getting the shinoda treatment before too long and veryone hating on them!

BOOSTER03

Established Member
shinoda?? whats that? I have seen the saleen stripes on ebay for $80 bucks, but they dont say cobra.......still thinkin about it. I dont want to be a pretender or poser, its just that my car looks too low key....

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
FYI : Those are called Saleen "Chevrons".

I agree with what was posted above. It's your stang, do with it as you please. My take is that as long as you don't got making a "FALEEN" or claiming anything about your car being Saleen, you fine.

Cold Brew

Established Member
1 BAD FOX said:
here is my buddy Don's 03..he is on here (KB TOYS)

CIMG0020.jpg

Do you have any pictures of sonic blue cobras with this? How about a link of where to get them and I will photoshop them on different color cars. I think it looks cool.

SickBlackMach

Throttling back
Established Member
I was gonna do this on my old 94 mustang gt... but then I sold it.

The whole reason I don't like the idea is... the cobra would be too flashy, imo. It would draw attention like a mofo.

Personally, I love the way the terminators look stock... only things I have added are the grille snake and SS cobra lettering out back.

SVT04

Established Member
Shinoda is a joke,and you should leave the stripes to the little ricer - boy racer wannabe's......

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I don't like vinyl on cars period. It is one thing to paint stripes on a car, but stickers will always be stickers to me. The only place that I would put decals is where the COBRA is on the rear bumper cover.

-Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread