Can i run a 2.4" supercharger pulley with Innovators West 15% OD balancer?

albaluma

Established Member
I am thinking to buy & install Innovators West 15% OD balancer pulley.
my current setup:

• Corsa Shelby GT500 Ultimate Touring Axle-back System
  • Set of 1-3/4" Stainless Steel JBA Headers with 3" Collectors
  • Offroad X-pipe
  • Spec SS- Trim super Twin disc clutch kit

I am thinking to use 2.4 upper with 15% lower and run this setup with c16

and for 91 octane pump gas I will install 2.75 or 2.8 vmp interchangeable pulley with 15% lower.

my question is:
is it save to run 2.4 upper with 15% lower?
any one had problems with this setup?

IMG-20130901-WA0007.jpg

enormous

Established Member
You will have plenty of fuel and your headers will reduce boost some. Your setup is close to mine and I run a 10%, a 15% will be fine.

JimIII@jdm

Are you planning to Run C16 on the street or only for the drag strip? C16 is not a good idea for the street as cruising and idle conditions with foul out your plugs, 02 sensors, cats, etc... Your better off with a high octane non leaded fuel or E85.

JimIII

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
C16 seems really excessive. Maybe try 100 or 104 or something similar that's unleaded. With my 2.9L I ran a 2.7 upper, and 15% lower (23lbs at my altitude) with 100 octane. It worked really well.

albaluma

Established Member
Are you planning to Run C16 on the street or only for the drag strip? C16 is not a good idea for the street as cruising and idle conditions with foul out your plugs, 02 sensors, cats, etc... Your better off with a high octane non leaded fuel or E85.

JimIII

planning to run the car in street, because we don't have drag strip in our country.

I have only two choices either to go with c16 or 91 octane pump gas. because we don't have e85 :(

albaluma

Established Member
C16 seems really excessive. Maybe try 100 or 104 or something similar that's unleaded. With my 2.9L I ran a 2.7 upper, and 15% lower (23lbs at my altitude) with 100 octane. It worked really well.

what about methanol injection ?
can I run methanol injection with 91 octane pump gas and be safe?

JimIII@jdm

what about methanol injection ?
can I run methanol injection with 91 octane pump gas and be safe?

Some use methanol to keep air charge temps and detonation down with high boost. You have to have it tuned for that, but then your relying on an aftermarket system to do the job. I would rather put Race fuel, 100-104 unleaded octane from a sealed drum in the tank, that is fail proof.

If someone is getting C16, they can get you other VP race fuels most like you just might have to special order it. Special ordering race fuel can get expensvie but is alot cheaper than rebuilding an engine.

Users who are viewing this thread