Can it be saved?

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Unfortunately looks like a parts car to me. In this case, it being MC might work against it a little because the interior will be harder to sell.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Based on the bid, almost looks like someone intends to fix it up.

007jerry

Established Member
Thanks guys, I was thinking it would be a good one to buy and swap everything over into a fox! But it will probably go for around $12,000 or more I'm guessing!!! Plus I would have to have it shipped and that would be another $1200 give or take.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
Thanks guys, I was thinking it would be a good one to buy and swap everything over into a fox! But it will probably go for around $12,000 or more I'm guessing!!! Plus I would have to have it shipped and that would be another $1200 give or take.

I could see it going for 12k. With those miles it might be able to be parted and make that, but you would lose money on all the labor and hours of time marketing and shippping.

007jerry

Established Member
^^^ Yes I agree! I have been watching these cars for years, and every one of them seems to go for "big" money even if they are hammered! I have seen 03-04 cobras wrecked with over 100,000 miles go for over $10,000, and to me that is just crazy! I personally would love to find a wrecked one with low mileage ( less than 50,000 or so ) to rebuild and use as my summer daily. But, I wouldn't want to have more than say $15,000 to $16,000 in it with a salvage title. That is just my personal opinion, as I would rather have a low mileage salvage title car versus a high mileage ( 80,000 or so ) clean title car. I always wonder what happens to these wrecked ones because someone is for sure going to pay top dollar for this particular Cobra above!!! I have looked at several 07-09 GT 500's that sold for around $13,000'ish with low miles ( 30,000 or less ) that were not damaged beyond repair. Maybe I will go that route instead, I have just always wanted an 03-04 Cobra, but 2 Shelby's in the garage can't be a bad thing!!! lol

RichM1983

Established Member
Thats nuckin futs. I can't believe how much the bidding is at. Realistically it is a parts car. How much could the parts really bring. It seems to me like its too high already.

dom418

Established Member
Even if it was repairable, You will never get that paint to match. I've seen MCs that have had paint work and you can tell.

dom418

Established Member
A good painter can match it. Mine has had paint work and no one can tell.
Unless things have changed, what i understand to get mystichrome paint repaired, you have to go to a svt dealership certified to do mystcihrome because Ford has exclusive rights from BASF for the paint and no other company can mix the same formula.

HPLouis

Established Member
Unless things have changed, what i understand to get mystichrome paint repaired, you have to go to a svt dealership certified to do mystcihrome because Ford has exclusive rights from BASF for the paint and no other company can mix the same formula.

That's for the 96 Mystic Cobra

Users who are viewing this thread