Can someone please answer me this?!?!

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
When I was in Bosnia 1998-1999 someone told me that the blue field of stars should be closest to the heart....flag on the right side, unit patch on the left shoulder. Depending on the uniform & standard, I've also seen the OD Green flag on the Desert uniforms and temperate BDU's.

Whether I really believe that or not doesn't change the fact that that is the norm .... in the name of uniformity, everyone looks the same....supposedly.

03DOHC

Established Member
That is a right flag.

https://www-perscom.army.mil/tagd/tioh/FAQ/FAQ.htm

-The US Code does not address the positioning of the flag patch. It is appropriate to wear an American flag patch on the left or right sleeve. When worn on the left sleeve, the union would appear towards the front and the stripes would run horizontally toward the back. When worn on the right sleeve, it is considered proper to reverse the design so that the union is at the observer’s right to suggest that the flag is flying in the breeze as the wearer moves forward.

- Since the law does not specifically address the positioning of the patch, a decision is left to the discretion of the organization prescribing the wear. As many states and cities have ordinances pertaining to the use of the flag, you may wish to contact the Attorney General of your state or the City Attorney’s office regarding this matter.

WEAR OF THE FLAG PATCH BY ARMY PERSONNEL. HQDA policy is that during joint or multi-nation operations, soldiers are authorized to wear the full-color U.S. flag cloth replica (approximately 2"x3") on utility and organizational uniforms. Wear of the cloth replica is at the discretion of the organizational commander. Soldiers are not authorized to wear the full-color replica upon their return to home station.

Users who are viewing this thread