Can someone tell whos car I'm buying?

10-43 This 03

Established Member
I have worked out a deal with Robert from Hi-End Auto. The vehicle is a Silver 2003 Termi with Chrome FR500 wheels and a 2.6 Kenne Bell. Vehicle only has 23,xxx odd miles on it. Robert stated he bought the car from a dealership and does not know previous owner. I'm assuming the car is a Virginia car if he bought it from a dealership. If anyone knows please let me know or have them contact me on here. I'm going to pick it up sometime this week. I'm kinda nervous cause The car is farely cheap considering the mileage and mods. I feel like I'm being parnoid its gonna be a problem car or somthing cause I feel like, Who would get rid of a car like this. I may just be being paranoid cause I have heard nothing but good things about Robert and Hi-End Auto but he said the only thing (I guess you could say wrong) is that it cuts out above 5000/5500 rpm. Roberts mechanic says it is fuel and needs to go on the dyno for a re-tune once I get it but other than that its a nasty car and is GTG. Any opinions would be appreciated. :??:

***Check it out at www.hi-endauto.com Look under inventory and go to 2nd page. Should be halfway down page on left.***

Last edited:

Snakesvt04

SCREW THIS
Established Member
did you test drive this car? the break up could be just the tune or just needing more fuel...other that that car looks good

wan2play

Established Member
25,000 plus 9 percent tax is 27000. That isn't cheap, you shouldn't be worried about anything. IF anything, the problem with the fuel cutting out is a blessing in disguise. You can use it as your bargaining tool. 27k is a lot of money for the Cobra, especially now-a-days. There are a couple of twin screws for sale here for much less than 25. One is asking 21k the other is is asking 23k and it has just over 11,000 miles.
I'm selling a lightly modified (estimated 460-470BHP) SB with 27k on the clock for $20,000.

ous2418

Established Member
25,000 plus 9 percent tax is 27000. That isn't cheap, you shouldn't be worried about anything. IF anything, the problem with the fuel cutting out is a blessing in disguise. You can use it as your bargaining tool. 27k is a lot of money for the Cobra, especially now-a-days. There are a couple of twin screws for sale here for much less than 25. One is asking 21k the other is is asking 23k and it has just over 11,000 miles.
I'm selling a lightly modified (estimated 460-470BHP) SB with 27k on the clock for $20,000.

yea!!! for 27k you should get alot more!!! i just got an 04 pristine ox w/ 17500 on the clock and more done to it whipple, sra, wheels, lethal fuel system, kooks, etc..(637rwhp 601 tq.) and a kick ass stereo to boot... for 25k and no issues!! theres alot out their man one rule of thumb 90% of the time youl find a nicer modded car for cheaper from a private seller as long as you know what your lookin for....

Last edited:

Freakingstang

Established Member
I thought HI END had their own in house dyno......

I'm pretty sure that is what robert told me when I almost bought a SB coupe 6 months ago....

10-43 This 03

Established Member
Thanks for the comments. I'm not paying $27,000. We have worked out a good deal on this car. I haven't test drove it because I live like 5 hours away so its kinda hard for me to get up there. Once I get there if I don't like it I will probably get the 04 Mystic with the 2.2 on it if I like it enough. I hope its just the fuel. I will keep y'all posted.

svtboosting

Established Member
I bought my Mystichrome from Robert and his wife, good people and they always keep several terms forsale. That is alot of money though, just think about it before you do it.

wan2play

Established Member
Thanks for the comments. I'm not paying $27,000. We have worked out a good deal on this car. I haven't test drove it because I live like 5 hours away so its kinda hard for me to get up there. Once I get there if I don't like it I will probably get the 04 Mystic with the 2.2 on it if I like it enough. I hope its just the fuel. I will keep y'all posted.

No problem, but I think every one here is hoping a "good deal" means 23k after taxes. Good luck.

Sticker Monster

Established Member

Thats not cheap bro. I just sold a showroom condition Cobra with all the goodies, 2.6H with 10,000miles for 26K. Car had zero issues. Be sure to do your research.

SRT_2_SVT

Established Member
Keep looking man... Not a good deal at all IMO. Market isnt the greatest right now so you can find these cars clean and with low miles on the stock blowers for around 21-22k and with a KB or whipple and supporting mods for 25k.

If you wanna get one with 60k+ miles, they can be had in the teens...

10-43 This 03

Established Member
Well guys I bought it. Before you rag me I do have to agree that Robert is a standup guy. He is running a nice place up there. Just so everyone knows a good deal meens about what is posted by wan2play. The reason I'm having to go through a dealer is becuase I have a trade in. Robert gave me top dollar for it becuase I have tried to trade it 3 times before and he gave me $2000 than what anybody else would give me. I will be going to pro-dyno here in the next few weeks to get it on paper and see where I'm at. The car drives and runs like its stock,no codes are being thrown so I hope all is well. From what I can see it looks good. From what his mechanic is saying hes about positive it just needs to be retuned or tuned better. I thought it was a good deal Considering the car is an 03 with 24k,2.6 KB, supporting mods,spec clutch,upgraded rearend girdle, and Chrome FR500 wheels with brand new tires all around including 315/30/18 Mickey Thompson DR's outback. I will keep y'all posted and get pictures up shortly. Oh, yeah the car is originally a Kentucky car not a Virginia car.

Users who are viewing this thread