Can these things be ordered yet??

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
My father is actively seeking anyone who can order him the GT500.

If anyone has the ability, please let me know. As long as you're in the United States, location is irrelevant.

Thanks in advance :beer:

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
As far as I know you can't order one yet. The car isn't in it's final production stage yet. You can however go to a local dealer and get put on a waiting list.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
03Terminator said:
As far as I know you can't order one yet. The car isn't in it's final production stage yet. You can however go to a local dealer and get put on a waiting list.

How??

All the dealers we've spoken to have given us the same response: "We're not sure how many, if any, we're going to get in. So we can't order one for you yet..."

How do we get put on a waiting list??

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
crispy23c said:
1) Call dealer;
2) Ask if there is a list;
3) Ask to be on that list

When the car becomes orderable, the dealer will call you so you can come down and do the paperwork.

Should be orderable in Fall...

Ditto. I went to my dealer and asked them about the car. They had a waiting list so I got my name put on it. When they are able to start taking orders they will call me and I will go and put down a deposit and order one. One word of caution, don't get sucked in by the dealers asking for a deposit now. It's too early for that.

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
03Terminator said:
Ditto. I went to my dealer and asked them about the car. They had a waiting list so I got my name put on it. When they are able to start taking orders they will call me and I will go and put down a deposit and order one. One word of caution, don't get sucked in by the dealers asking for a deposit now. It's too early for that.

Yes and no.

If you get it in writing that they deposit is refundable if you do not get your order it makes more sense. They dont want to be holding the car or the spot for someone who isnt for real, they could lose a sale that way.

Also it secures your spot as well, if you have given them a monetary deposit on a vehicle, legally they are obligated to sell the car to you. So it works both ways.

:banana: :beer:

03Terminator

03 Red Fire Cobra
Established Member
Chris Benvie said:
Yes and no.

If you get it in writing that they deposit is refundable if you do not get your order it makes more sense. They dont want to be holding the car or the spot for someone who isnt for real, they could lose a sale that way.

Also it secures your spot as well, if you have given them a monetary deposit on a vehicle, legally they are obligated to sell the car to you. So it works both ways.

:banana: :beer:

I see your point. :thumbsup: It's just my personal opinion. Actually my dealer won't take deposits so I couldn't give him one even if I wanted to.........

jshen

Established Member
Same Here!

My dealer won't take deposits....but this dealer goes back to Henry Ford and gets all they want. We have the best SVT/Service Rep in the business [My opinion] and he and the owner have told me mine is going to be ordered and sold at MSRP. SVT guy is also my neighbor so no reason to tell me anything other than the truth....Knew him before my cobra purchase. Point is.....they are saying...there is NO reason to pay above MSRP unless you HAVE to have the first out the door........and we all know that may have...detriments to their own.....There will be enough to go around.

Users who are viewing this thread