Can this tire be fixed?

Weslsew

Established Member
I ran over a damn screw. Do you think this can be plugged? I went by two tire shops and they said that the hole is too close to the sidewall to patch. I hate to throw it away because these have been on the car less than a year and less than 5k miles. Do you think this can be plugged with a diy kit or is it a loss?

cJEnJdk.jpg

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
You could try it with a DIY self kit and see but shops will not because of liability being that close to a sidewall.

RichM1983

Established Member
I'd patch it with a DIY kit and and if it still has a slow leak throw in some fix a flat. I have used it with great success. I have put thousands of miles on tires with fix a flat in it. Not the green goop kind but the kind in the yellow and black can.

Zemedici

Established Member
it can be patched. Its not in the curve of the sidewall so you're fine. Take it to a Kauffman or discount. I bet they'd patch it for free.

Weslsew

Established Member
Great thanks guys! The places I went by were chain tire shops, so I figured they were more interested in selling me a new tire anyway. I'll try one more locally owned shop and see if they will do it. If not I'll pick up a plug kit and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread