Can you ID these Pulley mods? & Questions before Tune.

hob

Established Member
Hello all, I've got a few questions pertaining to my new to me 2003 Cobra.

First I'm curious to know if anyone can visually ID my modifications completed by previous owner. Specifically the Pulley mods? ** Now the previous owner who openly said he has no idea what the shop installed pointed to the lower pulley saying it was upgraded? This would mean the upper and lower was changed?

With that said, what else should I quickly install onto my Cobra before a tune. It is a Daily Driver so for now I'm leaning towards picking up a new MAC Prochamber H pipe and call it a day. I'll push off the SC Port, BAP, injectors, bigger MAF till later down the road when I have more time. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
It looks like a stock lower and a 2.81 steeda upper with a nice finish on it.

You should think about a snub idler to stop belt slip and replacing all the stock idlers too.

Last edited:

KLLR SNK

Established Member
Looks like the stock 3.65 upper pulley. If that is a 3.65 and you are going to dyno the car anyway I would add a 2.93 upper pulley and hub or go the cheaper route and use a Lightning 2.93 pulley. You should be able to find either here in the market section or post a WTB. The 2.93 generally runs about $50-60 shipped and typically doesn't require any supporting mods like HE, MAFia, BAP, or injectors and delivers about 10-12 less HP than a 2.76.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
that is bigger than a 2.8 or 2.9 pulley. I am looking at two stock pulleys sitting on my desk as paperweights, and it is exactly like them, but somehow it does look a bit smaller than stock in the pics, like maybe a 3.4? you should measure it. it could be the stock 3.65 with some kind of anodized finish.

and i agree, the bottom pulley and the idlers look stock.

oh and congrats on your car and enjoy! :beer:

hob

Established Member
Wow very interesting! Very glad I posted.

The PO said the shop tuned it with the SCT hand held tuner that was included with the purchase of the car.

I'll be sure to measure the Pulley today after work.

Last edited:

Woody6799

Established Member
looks clean thats for sure. Def looks like a stock lower and a 3.0 upper to me. The only other mods I see are the JLT and C/C plates. Nice Ride!

hob

Established Member
looks clean thats for sure. Def looks like a stock lower and a 3.0 upper to me. The only other mods I see are the JLT and C/C plates. Nice Ride!

Thanks I still can't believe what a machine it is being 11 years old.

Now school me, am I measuring the correct way? Just doing the diameter? Do you go top rib to top rib? Anywho here's what I have to so far.

Last edited:

Mystic03

Established Member
go with devin@ADS you will not be dissapointed! just tell him rob sent ya :thumbsup:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Thanks I still can't believe what a machine it is being 11 years old.

Now school me, am I measuring the correct way? Just doing the diameter? Do you go top rib to top rib? Anywho here's what I have to so far.

IMG_1074JPG_zps18bb898e.jpg

there are some very old threads on here that tell how to measure the pulley diameter. i think that it goes by the actual rib that the belt sits on iirc. my stock one (3.65) measures slightly more than 3.65 from end to end.

so to me it looks like what you have there is a 3.1, but i could be wrong

stangfreak

Established Member
deff a stock lower. The upper pulley was changed. Its missing the little cover that goes in the threaded area

Users who are viewing this thread