Can you identify your Block and heads that came out of your car?

Mystichrome#365

Established Member
Is there anyway that you can identify your Block and heads that came out of your car. I sent my motor to a shop to get worked on and it seems possible they might be trying to screw me over by saying a different motor is mine and needs more work. Are there any numbers on the block or heads that maybe match the vin number or anyway possible to make sure its the motor out of my car???

jrgoffin

Been around...
Established Member
The blocks used to have the VIN stamped in them way back when, but I don't think they did it with the Terminator engines. I could be wrong though. Otherwise, the block is a standard Windsor iron 4.6 truck block.

As for the heads, you have to know the casting number. You would see something like "RF 2C5E-6C064-DB" on the side of the heads. The early castings from the '03's ended in "-AG" and then "-DA". I believe the '04 heads that came with nine spark plug threads ended in "-DB", and the final '05 castings (which were sold through FRPP) ended in "-DC".

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Mystichrome#365

Established Member
appreciate the help looks like it is my motor after all... didnt think these guys would try and screw me but you can never be too careful these days

Users who are viewing this thread