Can you kill someone by punching them in the throat?

808GT

Established Member
DaleM said:
I'm putting a voodoo curse on your pizza tonight, it will feel like punches from inside your throat!

well, a voodoo curse is good only for a month for this new year..so ill stay away from pizzas till next month :banana:

czwalga00gt

Rx7 Soul Destructor
Established Member
I got shot directly in the throat with a paintball.... thought I was goign to die, couldnt breathe for a while.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
808GT said:
well, a voodoo curse is good only for a month for this new year..so ill stay away from pizzas till next month :banana:
I'd rather get punched in the throat than avoid pizza for a month!

Vancouver83LTD

Established Member
WantLightning said:
Dale she's gorgeous!!

As for kicking in the balls, all that does is piss off the opponent. As a female, a lot of people I got into scuffles with expected me to go for a nut shot. I'd fake and then when they tried to cover, I'd either take advantage of them being off balance and tackle them, or take advantage of them hunching to cover their member, and kick them right in the face (imagining the head as a giant soccer ball and a million dollar prize for sending it into orbit is motivation).

Once or twice I kicked a cat in the nuts and all it did was send them into a rage. It's just not effective unless you hit them hard enough to make them cough up blood.

you kick cats?

03CobraDude

203Cree said:
All the more reason to put them down and disenage. The longer the fight goes, the more you'll have to work to keep it in your favor. Realistically, if a street fight lasts more than 20 or 30 seconds, it's gone on way too long. If you can end it in 5 and remove yourself from the situation, you stand less risk of personal injury.

I don't know what I'd do... I guess we'll have to find out when it happens... and to FordSVTFan, if you ever get in a fight when you're on the job, most likely your life is on the line, so you SHOULD fight like it is. I think you should always fight as if your life is on the line. But, in my book, if its guy vs guy, and they aren't going to go for the cheap shots like ur balls, it's fair enough...

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
03CobraConvert said:
I don't know what I'd do... I guess we'll have to find out when it happens... and to FordSVTFan, if you ever get in a fight when you're on the job, most likely your life is on the line, so you SHOULD fight like it is.

Some of the altercations are that way, but most dont start that way and by going full force you avoid a fight for your life.

I think you should always fight as if your life is on the line. But, in my book, if its guy vs guy, and they aren't going to go for the cheap shots like ur balls, it's fair enough...

It is fine to believe that when you are 14 and have shoving matches you call a fight.

That isnt the real world.

03CobraDude

FordSVTFan said:
Some of the altercations are that way, but most dont start that way and by going full force you avoid a fight for your life.

It is fine to believe that when you are 14 and have shoving matches you call a fight.

That isnt the real world.

I try to stay out of every fight I can...

I've seen two guys go at it with the intent of killing eachother... bare hands and all... I had to go in there, because I was the only other guy around, and break it up... I had to make a choice, because both were already bleeding, but I was like WTF... you both are gettin the crap beat out of you, just stop. So I had to go in, drop one of the guys (the guy who wasn't my friend) and then I got the other one, the guy who was my friend, to let it go.

I've been in more than shoving matches. I havent been in a fight for a while because I have speed. I usually wrestle my way out of fights. The last true all out fight I was in was that one I said above, about a month ago. Yet I've been in a few "quarrels" where these guys try to drop me, but I just wrestle my way and throw on a cross-face... that usually gets the guys to quit messin with me. But I've been in more than just "shoving" matches...

WantLightning

Sleep Now in the Fire
Established Member
I don't see how you can even tolerate "shoving matches". When someone lays a hand on me it's Game On. It isn't just because I'm a female, either. I was taught not to let someone think that they could put a hand on you in ill reguard and walk away from it. People need to learn that there are better alternatives to getting physical and if that means getting hit in the throat with a bottle then so effing be it. You want to yell? Fine. You want to make a scene? Fine. You want to cry? Fine. Touch me and I'll take a limb home. Parents need to teach their children the seriousness of physical confrontation because I know if a fully grown man popped someone with all the same intent I did, he'd probably kill them.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
WantLightning said:
I don't see how you can even tolerate "shoving matches". When someone lays a hand on me it's Game On. It isn't just because I'm a female, either. I was taught not to let someone think that they could put a hand on you in ill reguard and walk away from it. People need to learn that there are better alternatives to getting physical and if that means getting hit in the throat with a bottle then so effing be it. You want to yell? Fine. You want to make a scene? Fine. You want to cry? Fine. Touch me and I'll take a limb home. Parents need to teach their children the seriousness of physical confrontation because I know if a fully grown man popped someone with all the same intent I did, he'd probably kill them.

I mean this in the nicest way, but damn.....you're crazy.

J/K ;-)

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
you can definately kill someone if you punch them hard enough in the throat. what kills them is not breaking any bones, or rupturing the carotid artery. if you hit someone hard enough to rupture their trachea, they can asphixiate very easily. what happens is the air they try to breathe in cannot get to their lungs, and instead fills up the soft tissue in their neck, causing it to swell massively. this is called subcutaneous emphysema, and when you touch the skin around their neck it will crackle, because all the air is trapped in their skin and cannot get to their lungs for oxygen exchange.

this is an e.r. physician's worst nightmare, because they are the first person (besides the squad) who has the real responsibility of caring for this person--and it is nearly impossible to intubate (beathing tube) a person with a ruptured trachea.

your only chance is to perform an emergency tracheostomy (not cricothyroidotomy, like you see on the show ER) below the level of the tracheal rupture--not easy to do.

03CobraDude

WantLightning said:

Im definately gonna be your friend...

Users who are viewing this thread