Can you kill someone by punching them in the throat?

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
I was sitting waiting to get my haircut today and the question just popped in my head. So is it possible to kill someone by punching them in the throat?

808GT

Established Member
yes if you are Jet Li enough...if you are strong enough to break the windpipe and obstruct it

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
RollingOnChrome said:
u just thougth that randomly :nonono:

Well there was this older fella sitting across from me with this HUGE adam's apple. He kept coughing, and it would bounce up and down. It was driving me nuts. So I thought to myself "if i went and punched him in the throat hard enough....would he die?". Not that I would ever do that.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
66speed said:
Well there was this older fella sitting across from me with this HUGE adam's apple. He kept coughing, and it would bounce up and down. It was driving me nuts. So I thought to myself "if i went and punched him in the throat hard enough....would he die?". Not that I would ever do that.

And why were you stareing at old fellas adam's apple?????? :p ;-) J/K

203Cree

Established Member
Yes. There are very small bones in the throat area that if broken, can obstuct the airway and cause you to choke to death. It doesn't take a lot of force to do it either. If you're going to throat punch someone, you had better be in a very desparate situation, because it could turn into a very bad thing.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
And why were you stareing at old fellas adam's apple?????? :p ;-) J/K

I couldnt help it. The up and down bobbing of it had me in a trance... :uh oh:

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
Also, hitting either one of the arteries (carotid) on the side of the windpipe could do some serious damage, if not kill the person, by either dislodging plaque on the interior of the artery, which would then travel up to the brain and cause a stroke, or by causing such a huge loss in blood pressure going to the brain that the person could black out for awhile.

808GT

Established Member
astrocreep96 said:
Also, hitting either one of the arteries (carotid) on the side of the windpipe could do some serious damage, if not kill the person, by either dislodging plaque on the interior of the artery, which would then travel up to the brain and cause a stroke, or by causing such a huge loss in blood pressure going to the brain that the person could black out for awhile.

we were discussing about the throat , not the neck ...hehe j/k ...yup that too

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
astrocreep96 said:

Damn. Didnt know it would **** you up that bad.

203Cree

Established Member
astrocreep96 said:
or by causing such a huge loss in blood pressure going to the brain that the person could black out for awhile.

Had that happen once. I caught a kick with my neck sparring with a buddy of mine. That was THE worst headache I've ever had. Pretty cool at the same time, tho. He said I folded like a sack of potato's.

Smokey1226 said:
If i was in a kill or be killed situation, your dayum right thats where i'd punch the other person

First shot knees, second shot throat is a nice escape combo. Even if you could get up from that, I don't think you'd wanna.

astrocreep96

Inevitable
Established Member
Premium Member
203Cree said:
Had that happen once. I caught a kick with my neck sparring with a buddy of mine. That was THE worst headache I've ever had. Pretty cool at the same time, tho. He said I folded like a sack of potato's.

You're lucky you weren't up against Chuck Norris, else you would have exploded like a can of beans in a fire. :D

203Cree

Established Member
astrocreep96 said:
You're lucky you weren't up against Chuck Norris, else you would have exploded like a can of beans in a fire. :D

It's true :lol:

It was a roundhouse kick, ironically.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
66speed said:
I was sitting waiting to get my haircut today and the question just popped in my head. So is it possible to kill someone by punching them in the throat?
Normally yes. I normally punch through their throats and their heads pop off. I count that as a kill!

SNCBOOM

Established Member
astrocreep96 said:

:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread