Can you press on a pulley too far?

DarkHelmet22

KEEP FIRING A**HOLES
Established Member
Just wondering if you can press a pulley to far on the shaft? I know the pulley is supposed to be flush with the shaft but when I did mine I went a little past but everything seems to be working fine and I did like 6 months ago. Any input will be great.

Thanks

oldmodman

Established Member
On too far, or on not enough, you will chew up or even throw off, your belt.
Just install your pulley even with the end of the blower shaft and you will be fine.

DarkHelmet22

KEEP FIRING A**HOLES
Established Member
oldmodman said:
On too far, or on not enough, you will chew up or even throw off, your belt.
Just install your pulley even with the end of the blower shaft and you will be fine.
Well none of that has happened so I guess I am ok I have had the pulley on for quite some time now thanks for the help :thumbsup:

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
dougwg said:
and to answer your question, Yes!

yeah, but you forget to add that it's impossible to do that with a BilletFlow pulley installer

dougwg

Established Member
True!

if you use a BilletFlow Pulley Puller and install tool you can't install the pulley too far :)

Sonic03inSC

Established Member
Either the pulley is a little off spec or the blower shaft on your eaton may also be a little off spec or a combination of both
Mine has been like this for a year now. I have not had the first belt problem. When I first installed it it was flush, I made marks on the pulley and shaft. Within a day the pulley was moving. Then I got on it and it moved like in the pics.
230273_31_full.jpg

230273_33_full.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread