Can't decide on color, advice from Grabber/Sterling/DIB owners..

03outlaw

Established Member
All

I wanted to know if you would not mind giving me some feedback on the three colors mentioned in title. I am ordering or buying at the end of this year or Jan-Feb of next. I have a Black 03 Cobra with 5k on it and don't plan on getting rid of it. However, half the reason it only has 5k on it is because I am about as close as you can get to OCD and I can't stand it to be dirty, so I swore no more black cars for this guy. I have a Candyapple Red 69 Mach, so I think red is out. I was highly considering Sterling Gray, but just not sure. I love the Grabber, but the family is not crazy about it. Although at the end of the day my wife says "it’s your car". Ok now on to the point. I see some pictures of grabber and the car look amazing, I see others and it looks way to light for me. Is it just the pictures? I am starting to consider the DIB, but I really do like the Grabber with the black stripes. I understand this is one of those questions that is more of an opinion, but thought I would give it a try. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

KARSON219

Established Member
Here is my input. I love the DIB, but it does have a certain purple hue in some light conditions. Nice color but not for me. The grabber is sick, and I love it however, after many years I was worried that I may get sick of it. The Sterling is AWESOME!!! Gray is a color that doesnt ever get old. The amount of metallic is unreal once shes waxed up. My daily driver is black and I hate the amount of work black requires and the gray doesnt show a lot which is also a big plus. I did the gray and black stripes an it looks AWESOME. The stripes show just enough but not overkill, making it kinda stealthy. Good luck with your color choice, it was hard for me also, but glad I did the Sterling!

SGMPhil

The Sergeant Major
Established Member
That was the hardest decision for me to make as well. I have 2nd guessed my colors about a million times, but I went with black/white stripes. All my other vehicles are black and I agree that they are harder to keep clean, but when they are clean, they look bad ass. My 2nd choice was the grabber blue - that is a nice looking car.

03outlaw

Established Member
Thanks for the inputs, I am going to look at gray again at my local dealer today. Just hard to judge on the GT vs the GT500.

Thanks guys!

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
I have DIB, it is only slightly easier than Black to keep clean and looking good. Grabber blue would be my choice if I had it to do all over again. Also, I hate most all pictures of Grabber blue. It just does not photograph well at all, but in person it looks amazing!!

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I have a Grabber with black and its the greatest color I have ever owned. Its rare, it pops, looks great and fairly easy to keep clean....most people I know were apprehensive about it when I said what color I was getting, but I have yet to meet one who does not love the color in person....

2012-07-03_19-53-13_697.jpg

GreggsSVT

Established Member
I have a sterling gray. Love the color easier to keep clean. My other Shelby is black and its very hard to keep clean. IMO too many grabber blues out there!

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
After seeing some SG's I think its a great color as well, I dont think you can go wrong with either.

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
As a driver of a Grabber Blue 5.0 since 2010 I can tell you that this is one of the easiest colors to keep looking good, it won't always look freshly detailed but it will rarely look dirty. Granted it is not as reflective as a traditional metallic paint, that's the trade-off.

The shade of blue is proportional to the amount of available light. In bright sun it will look lighter than normal. In low light, like at dusk and under street lights at night, it will look darker. This is true to the naked eye and not just in pictures. If I didn't already have the 5.0 I would likely be getting the GT500 in Grabber Blue so I went with DIB after much debate.

Keep in mind, Grabber Blue is going to garner A LOT more attention than nearly every other color. People (especially cops) will see you nearly a mile away, no exaggeration... And the ladies will regularly tell you how pretty it is...

Last edited:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Sterling or Silver will look like cleanest longest.

FYI- it appears silver is a pretty rare color- and looks Bad Ass with black stripes!

03outlaw

Established Member
All,

Thanks for all the replies! It is down to Sterling or Grabber, just got back from the dealership and of the row of 5.0's, just like mentioned, the Grabber stood out. But the Sterling was sweet, funny thing is I can't stand Metalic in black cars however, looks good in the grey.

Thanks!

Zeroescence

Established Member
Grabber was my first order but once I saw the Sterling I knew it was for me. Grabber is really loud like my Molten Orange Raptor but I love the stealth look of Sterling Gray.

Users who are viewing this thread