Cant decide on whether to trade or not

KYLightning02

Established Member
hey whats up i have owned my Lightning since 2003 and now that the SRT8 Jeeps have come out they look bad ass plus have alot more room. Right now i am in Iraq on my second tour and have a while to decide but figured i would get everyones imput on the pros and cons of the SRT8 jeep over the Lightning any help would be great. :beer:

Juice33

Patently Awesome
Established Member
As long as you don't mind getting even worse gas mileage, go for it! I love the SRT8 Jeeps, they are definately badass in black!

Common

Established Member
hey whats up i have owned my Lightning since 2003 and now that the SRT8 Jeeps have come out they look bad ass plus have alot more room. Right now i am in Iraq on my second tour and have a while to decide but figured i would get everyones imput on the pros and cons of the SRT8 jeep over the Lightning any help would be great. :beer:

You are going to kick yourself in the ass for that one.

SRT8 is great but wait until they release the newer one, same body but now with a bigger hemi and 525hp. It is coming verry soon, do some research I am too lazy.

Gas mileage however, will make a grown man cry.

KYLightning02

Established Member
You are going to kick yourself in the ass for that one.

SRT8 is great but wait until they release the newer one, same body but now with a bigger hemi and 525hp. It is coming verry soon, do some research I am too lazy.

Gas mileage however, will make a grown man cry.

damn that would be pretty bad ass but like i said i am in the army, 22 years old, and a SGT so i doubt i could afford that one when it comes out so i am probably just going to be able to afford the one out right now...

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
I love the SRT-8, but you can't do big smokey burnouts with one like in a Lightning. :rockon:

It really depends. The SRT can't tow and gets even worse fuel economy than the Lightning, but it has more room for people, plus AWD for all-weather traction and ridiculously quick launches.

CSD

Banned
As long as you don't mind getting even worse gas mileage, go for it! I love the SRT8 Jeeps, they are definately badass in black!

+1 I would trade for more interior room but if it's gonna be your DD you need to ask yourself is the cost at the gas pump worth it...

Thank you for your service KYLightning02. :beer:

KYLightning02

Established Member
Hey thanks everyone and yea it would probably be my daily driver but gas prices dont really bother me that much i make enough in the month to get what i need, plus i have a crotch rocket for when they are TOO high :banana:

thanks for the advice like i said i still have a year to think it over

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
One is a truck and the other is an SUV. If you prefer inside storage and more interior room/seating, then the Jeep would be the better choice. If you don't need it, like trucks, and are happy with your Lightning, then keep it. Like you said, you have a year to make the decision. It might help if you took a test drive and thoroughly checked out the SRT-8. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread