Can't get into gear and lots of pedal play

CBelleperche

Established Member
I have a 99 Cobra with a TKO 600 transmission. The car will not allow me to go shift into any gear, even when the car is off. Pulled the clutch cable and its not frayed or stretched. When trying to spin the adjustable cable out it spins back to its resting point. Also there is lots of pedal play. When trying to put the car in first with e brake off the car rolls a tad bit forward. Obviously the clutch isn't disengaging to allow me to put it in gear. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

pbeechner

Established Member
Did you check the clutch quadrant assembly? I'm assuming you don't have the stock plastic POS. Maybe if you have the two-hook quadrant, the end of the cable could have slipped? just a thought.

RPM4DAZ

Because stock sucks!!
Established Member
It sounds to me that the clutch pressure plate is gone. I just had the same thing go on mine. It has been acting funny for a while now. Had more than one do it to me the same way. Most likely the spring type arms of the diaphram...

bakers4v4_6

Established Member
If its a aftermarket clutch quadrant and there isn't any adjustment left at the firewall check down by the clutch fork I had a set screw on the end of my cable come off once. Worth a shot I'm guessing u woulda notice if u had the cable completely off tho

Users who are viewing this thread