Canton Oil Pan Problem

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
I haven't really had any other leaks from seals or seams in the unit. Of course at this time with oil leaking from the crack I honestly couldn't tell if oil was coming out some where else. I do notice from time that a VERY small amount leaks out of the drain plug.

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
Originally posted by Cobra-R
I was going to add a Canton pan to my 95 since the K-member was going to be out anyways. The Canton dealer actually talked me out of it. He mentioned that leaking and poor quality as the main reasons to stay with the stock pan.

Brian

Brian,

Check with Moroso. They also build a road race pan for a 351. I also believe it is designed to clear a FRP 4-bolt block which the Canton doesn't. I believe they have the dimensions on their website.

Tom

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
Originally posted by stang99svt
I do notice from time that a VERY small amount leaks out of the drain plug.

I thought I had this problem w/ a Canton pan, but later I found it was actually leaking from around the welds that attach the plug assembly to the pan.

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by tomshep
Brian,

Check with Moroso. They also build a road race pan for a 351. I also believe it is designed to clear a FRP 4-bolt block which the Canton doesn't. I believe they have the dimensions on their website.

Tom

Thanks for the info, Tom. Unfortunately I have the new K-member installed, so the oil pan will have to wait until next time.

Brian

kevin

Originally posted by tomshep
Brian,

Tom

this is who i use on the race car. never a problem

kevin

Thanks for the info, Tom. Unfortunately I have the new K-member installed, so the oil pan will have to wait until next time.

Brian

you are such a slacker:lol: :lol: take it out and doo the job right:lol: :beer: :beer:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by kevin
you are such a slacker:lol: :lol: take it out and doo the job right:lol: :beer: :beer:

Just found out from Fred that I am going to Mid-Ohio, no time to take it back out now........only 5 months till tracktime. ;):beer: :D :D

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
Just found out from Fred that I am going to Mid-Ohio, no time to take it back out now........only 5 months till tracktime. ;):beer: :D :D
I figured you needed some motivation to get your mods done!
:beer: :thumbsup: :coolman: :burnout:

predator

Established Member
I am not too enthused with the idea of doing Canton myself hfter hearing about all the weld problems. I check on the Moroso site, but didn't see anything for my car. Is there another solution available? :shrug:

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
Dont mind me, im just posting in random threads for no reason. :bored:

Last edited:

GJMCAR98

MOTOROLA MAN
Established Member
There is nothing wrong with Canton Pans. I've used them ( and other stuff as well ) for years. You can't beat any of them against the racetrack and expect them to last. Almost all failures are the result of hitting the track or some type of vibration. Well, there is that little problem of something from within coming out. That one really sux.......

Users who are viewing this thread