Car advice, Kia Forte?

the.greg

Established Member
Hello everyone. A girl friend of mine is looking at buying a used car around the 16500 price range. She wants something fuel efficient yet "sporty" so she is mostly looking at 2dr coupes and her favorite that she has found thus far is a Kia Forte sx. Performance is not a issue for her as long as it is 2 door it is likely to get the "sporty" nod. Is there a better car at this price point? She asked me for my opinion, but I am honestly uninformed at most of the newer fwd economy cars.

A quick google search tells me that she should also consider the Elantra Coupe as they are about the same price and better equipped, but I'd like some other opinions. Thanks!

xXGadfly09Xx

Banned
the forte koup (yes it is spelled with a "k") is a solid car but it doesnt have as good fuel economy or safety ratings as the civic coupe. How many miles on it?

the.greg

Established Member
the forte koup (yes it is spelled with a "k") is a solid car but it doesnt have as good fuel economy or safety ratings as the civic coupe. How many miles on it?
She is looking at a 2010 forte koup* at carmax with 20k miles for 16.5k. She will most likely be buying something from carmax regardless of what she chooses. Thanks

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
Friend of mine has the same car. She loved it until the electrical started freaking out.

the.greg

Established Member
Friend of mine has the same car. She loved it until the electrical started freaking out.
Thats not encouraging! Do you know if that was a common issue with Fortes or an isolated incident? Appreciate the feedback.

BDF8

UF Alum. GO GATORS
Established Member
Not sure if its recurring. Ill have to research it, but the wipers, horn, interior lighting and so on just started switching on and off randomly. The only time I've heard of that was with a flood car but she bought it new. Ill see what I can find.

the.greg

Established Member
Not sure if its recurring. Ill have to research it, but the wipers, horn, interior lighting and so on just started switching on and off randomly. The only time I've heard of that was with a flood car but she bought it new. Ill see what I can find.

Appreciate your help. I've also tried googling them and I found mostly positive reviews, but electrical gremlins are the worst!

3Stang

YMR# 9631
Established Member
One of my buddies has a stanced forte that looks sick IMO. I really like the fortes. But for 16500 you could probably find a nice 05-09 GT or even V6. If im not mistaken they get relatively good gas mileage for what they are. But if she must have something like the forte than go ahead. They are really cool!:rockon:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I would encourage her to look at a few other options, models wise. Sometimes you miss the golden egg because you get too settled on one particular model. Also, consider looking beyond CarMax. For the same reason. For example, we have a used car dealer in town who, for the most part, carries quality used cars at a decent price. I bought my 2002 Infiniti from them and the SUV served me well for 7 years.

Users who are viewing this thread