Car boiled over...HELP

sonic77

Established Member
I just took mine in the other day after noticing my engine was cutting power. I couldn't figure out what was going on until I saw the tempature gauge was in the red! I opened the hood and had coolant all over the place. It wouldn't drive more than a mile or two without overheating. Turned out it was the thermostat not opening up. The fan was running constantly.

The dealer replaced the thermostat and it's fine now. 7800 miles.

03Cobvertible

Established Member
Mine bioled over for the first time yesterday. Left a puddle the size of a dollar on the garage floor. The car has 1,200 miles on it, and has never done it before even though it has been run on hotter days. The tank looked totally full past the top of the add <--> mark.

Cleaned it up. Put the cap back and went on a driving rampage. Got back home and no boilover. Seems strange.

Also, my car has the yellow coolant stuff in the intercooler tank, and I assume that the radiator stuff was the same, but now it's brown looking.

Anyone notice this?

venams03

Established Member
Mine boiled over once and no more. Now I have 1900 on the clock. Question. I have dried coolant (whitish) on the front of the radiator that is visisble.

Does anybody know how to get that off? You can see it from the front of the car and looks like crap! High pressure hose does nothing!

Users who are viewing this thread