Car Cover?

04LSKILLER

Established Member
I hope I post this in the correct section.

Unfortuantly, my 04 Cobra doesnt have a garage to be parked in. So I was curious what would be the best car cover for it? Its parked in the driveway most of the time and I cant stand looking at it when the sun is BLAZING down on it, when I could prevent it. I bought one from walmart just for temporary unless nothing else seems reasonable.

One more queston. In some spots the cover is tight, but not real tight. Could that damage the paint in any way??

STG

Banned
An ill fitting car cover can damage the paint especially in windy conditions. Also putting a car cover on a less than clean car will lead to paint damage.

Buy a custom fitted cover and put it on a clean car. (At the very least, wipe the dust off with spray detailer and a microfiber towel before using the cover.)

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
Covercraft HD is perfect for your Cobra

I have one FOR Sale that's used if you want it, I sold the car last week.

SVT2122

Established Member
Looking to order one for my lightning as well, need one to keep it snuggled up when the snow comes. I was thinking California Car Cover, but I don't know what weave or material to get it in. Any advice?

04LSKILLER

Established Member
Yeah, I washed it before covering it. The cober thats on it right now is a bit loose on the top so now im a bit worried....

67bigblock

Established Member
I got a CCCover for my Mach. The fully waterproof one that cost 300ish. It got here about a week late. They told me it was an exact fit.
What a hunk of sh1t. There is no,...absolutely no accommodation for the shaker.
If I just used the cover as is,...the shaker would rip the cover after 3-4 uses. No joke. So I place a towel over the shaker.
And the cover is more slippery than a girl in a ZZ Top video,...which makes it want to slide off every time you get it half on and start pulling.

That said,..it looks nice and is snug. But I'd never,.....

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Just got quoted 400 dollars for a superweave...damn gonna have to wait another week or so to get it.

Take the walmart crap off STAT!
Yep...superweave FTMFW!...I researched about 2months before I bought mine...it's material will not scratch your paint and water repels off of it like a rain coat...however, it is not totally waterproof, very light/durable...
I got mine for around $330 in gray with a Cobra stitched on it!

divided

Established Member
California car Covers Hands down the best..:rockon:

I have one for my vert and LOVE IT. Although it does leave "dust" all over the windshield. Even after having it for a few months. But it works and is fast and easy to put on/take off.

*edit*

Thought you were talking about the California "pop top" my bad.

Last edited:

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
The Covercraft Weathershield HD that I have is great. Weatherproof and the material never left any scratches. I used in indoor and outside. Best car cover for my uses. I just ordered one for my new 335i.

http://www.autogeek.net/weathd.html

Last edited:

03Gunner

Established Member
I had a $60 from AdvanceAutoParts it lasted less than a year and begin to tear and deteriorate all over the car.

So, skeptically I ordered one from Coverking the Silver Guard Plus for about $200. The best investment I've ever made. The cover is soft on the paint side and tough on the outside silver reflects the light and heat, double stitched with the lines of the car and fits like a glove.

I live in Florida so I worry about protecting my 03 from the sun, trust me it's definitely worth $200 and it comes with a 4 year warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread