Car Covers, Anyone have suggestions

adam

Established Member
I finally bought a beater so no more getting stuck in the driveway in the winter or rain driving for the Cobra.

My only questions are what car cover to buy..

Does anyone have any suggestions or had any bad results with what they have???

I would appreciate any help you guys can give.

Mustfang

Established Member
Evolution 4 fabric is awesome

I usually buy my car covers ( I live in brutal sunshine-Florida) from the Big Sky Car Cover company in Montana through mail order. They have all the kinds you could ever need and they are Custom cut with Mirror pockets and heavy duty elastic bottom strap all the way around. There is NO TAX either....so that's a plus. Try www.bigsky.com or something similar, to check out prices. I have had the Evolution 4 covers last at least 5 years in direct sunlight / rain before starting to get old and wear out. The Evolution 4 fabric will not scratch your paint AND it even protects against Cat's claws! (first hand knowledge). Big Sky is also listed in the back section of Road & Track magazine where all the car stuff is. Maybe Car & Driver too.

SouthTXSnake

Established Member
I ordered mine from California Car Cover. Good customer service and a great cover. The one I bought was the Noah cover. Perfect for hot and dry climates. I don't know how well it would do if kept outside. My car is mostly garaged. It's a little pricey, but worth it IMO.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've ordered twice from Big Sky. Great products, prices and service IMO. The other companies mentioned are good, too. Pick your poison! LOL!

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
I talked to the guys at Steeda about car covers. It depends on where you are going to keep your car. If you are going to keep the car outside they said to use one of their " Intro-Tech covers If you are to keep the car indoors they said to use one of their "Sentrex" covers. If the car is being stored outside it is very important that the cover breathes, so that moisture escapes from beneath the cover.

sjw985

Established Member
After arriving home from work today and finding my car once again covered with dust, dirt, and grass clippings from the lawn care crew (damn apartments) I'm ready for a cover.

I'm having trouble deciding between the Noah and the Evolution.

I noticed that Big Sky has you choose a logo - do they put that log on the cover?

Also how do you clean covers when they become excessively dirty?

Last edited:

FKing1

Established Member
Have Noahs on 2 of my cars, they are very good covers. Try Zip Products. They have sales from time to time on covers.
Fred K.

1BLWN 03

Established Member
we have a car cover from California Car Covers...the expensive one,I don't remember the name of it though, our Cobra is parked under a car port, don't have a garage. the cover is great! No scratches or dust, most importantly it keeps the cats off! we also live in desert conditions in So Cal.

Users who are viewing this thread