Car Covers??

cobrapete03'

Sonic Blue Intimidator
Established Member
I did a search looking for advise on car covers for our cars...Which cover offers good breathability, protection, and wont scratch (minimize) when taking it off/on...Are those CoverCraft car covers any good?...I used to have one for my old 5.0 but I'm unaware if there is anything better out for the money...Any links would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I dont plan on using it everyday, its just to minimize dust accumulation on the car from sitting in the garage and for those times the car is exposed to the elements.

Thanks

-pete:coolman:

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
I got a Dustop cover from www.californiacarcover.com and I really like it. My car is in the garage, but I wanted something to keep the dust off of it. The Dustop cover isn't waterproof, but that makes it very breathable and it is also fairly thick yet not heavy at all. It will prevent dings and scratches that might occur from stuff touching your car in the garage. It's also form fitting and they have one specifically for the 03 Cobra with spolier. Takes me 2 minutes to take it off or put it on. No matter what cover you get, never put on a car cover on a dirty car. I only put the cover on the car right after I wash it.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I use mine only indoors (when not using the car for a week or more), so mine isn't water resistant. Since you're going to be using it outdoors, you will want to follow RedfireVenom's advice. Protection from the elements (rain and sun) are vital, it should have a soft, non-abrasive inner liner, and it should have a level of breathability so that moisture doesn't get trapped between the fabric and the paint. If you go to the California Covers website you'll see covers in different price ranges for different purposes. Even if you don't buy from them, find the one closest to your intended use and needs and note the fabric type, etc. Then either shop around for a comparable (and cheaper) cover or give them a call and order one.

I bought one for my '94 Z-28 that cost me about $200. for indoor use only. When I sold my Camaro in 2000 I decided to safe the cover and maybe give it to someone or try to sell it. Guess what? It fits my Cobra perfectly. Even the side mirrors fit. All I had to do was buy a snap-together grommet for the antenna and I was in business.
:burnout:

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
Man i think i looked at every car cover site
Big sky is the cheapest on the Noah seems versital and softest on the paint Everyone seems to use same material though and Noah seemed up there. There is one other but its extremly light but then that isnt always the best for scratches i almost went with that.

I bought mine from autoanything.com 3 bucks more than the bigsky. made me think i would get it 3 days still took 3 wks. Most places sold the Noah material was 229 . Auto anythingwas 157 and Bigsky.com was 155

The scratch thing was very important with the ability to take it on a trip for a car show and keep the car clean and breath

I am also buying their sealed envelope car bag for over winter and long term storage. has desecant tubes. Zips up the car like its in Big sleeping bag. then years later unzip and clean and dry no corrosion

if you want i can pm u with all the sites

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Cobra10thaniv
Man i think i looked at every car cover site
Big sky is the cheapest on the Noah seems versital and softest on the paint Everyone seems to use same material though and Noah seemed up there. There is one other but its extremly light but then that isnt always the best for scratches i almost went with that.
I bought mine at Big Sky. Very happy with it.

Cobra10thaniv

Established Member
I wish I would have gone to Big SKY also Live and learn

Cobra Bob where are u at with your exhaust sound test. Our factory is just way to quiet. Everyone says the FR500 is softer than the Mach 1
pm maybe i should just go buy a borla with the stock H.

cobrapete03'

Sonic Blue Intimidator
Established Member
Can someone please post a link to "Big Sky" I had a hard time trying to find it...Thanks again for the feedback. Take care

-pete:coolman:

Users who are viewing this thread