Car decision in a few months

roadracer247

Established Member
Have you looked into insurance premiums? It's going to be quite expensive (understatement) to insure a 2014 Gt500 to a 23 yr old college student. Just seems like a lot of money going down the drain. No way to persuade you into investing this money into something like real estate?

If I was in your position & determined to buy one of those cars listed, despite people's advice, I'd probably buy a used Boss 302 to be used as a track car..

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I'm a mustang guy.. gtr was in the list but not any longer. This money Isn't from a settlement its money Iv had aside and I'm finally buying myself something frugal.. and that's the only thing I'm buying myself as its the only thing I care about in life.

That's what I mean.. thank you for your input.. I want something fast.. but I want comfortable..

I don't think that word means what you think it means. Frivolous would be a better word. None of those are cars I would recommend for a college student. Honestly, what college student just has that kind of money laying around, especially if a GTR was in contention for a while.

o2gt

Established Member
I would buy a boss or 5.0, and save the rest of the money that you are getting, if you are determined to get something. Get out of school and get settled into real life. then if you are finically comfortable buy a more expensive car. I have seen people say your getting a settlement of some kind. I would recommend you save that money unless you are really receiving a large amount of money. Look no further than the pro athletes that get paid huge amounts, only to have noting left a few years later. there is a big difference between having long term earning potential and being able to buy the kinds or cars your looking at. versus getting a one time payday and spending it on things you cant afford. Im not saying this is what you are doing I have no idea. just putting it out there good luck with what ever you decide.

Monster Mach

Established Member
Have you looked into insurance premiums? It's going to be quite expensive (understatement) to insure a 2014 Gt500 to a 23 yr old college student. Just seems like a lot of money going down the drain. No way to persuade you into investing this money into something like real estate?

If I was in your position & determined to buy one of those cars listed, despite people's advice, I'd probably buy a used Boss 302 to be used as a track car..
I own property.. and will be investing.. like iv said this money is money I have set aside.. insurance isn't bad I can handle it I have 4 vehicles I insure now and all of them would be off the road..
I don't think that word means what you think it means. Frivolous would be a better word. None of those are cars I would recommend for a college student. Honestly, what college student just has that kind of money laying around, especially if a GTR was in contention for a while.
Does it really matter? That wasn't my question.. everyone is worried about me investing... I am investing... I asked opinions in the car itself... iv been investing money since I was 7 and my father died.. iv got a credit score to Rival most millionaire because I have always been responsible..

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Another SVTP hero. Post a picture of whichever car when you buy it with a loaf of bread on the hood.

13/14 GT500.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
^^^ I'm guessing 800+ right? :shrug:

Sounds like you've already made up your mind on what you want. You know by asking about what car to buy (60K GT500 or a 100K GTR) at the age of 23 and bragging about how perfect your credit is, how responsible you are and make it seem like you have no problem buying any of the cars listed, you will get feedback from other members. Why even post knowing this and then trying to tell other members "Don't worry about it" "what does it matter" etc. You asked for opinions, and got them. Deal with it man.

Users who are viewing this thread