"Car & Driver" should be called "Car & Yuppie Retard"

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
I was at Borders tonight doing some book browsing and picked up the C&D annual road test issue (or something like that) for a quick look. A coupla pages in they have a sport coupe comparison between the '03 Cobra, the Infiniti G35, and the Mazda RX8. Well after telling about how the Snake smoked the other two 0-60, laid down the best quarter times by a couple seconds, and handed them they're a$$es on lapping the track they placed it THIRD!!:burn: :cuss: . Why? Don't we buy these things for the performance? I don't give one frit if two adults can be comfortable in my backseat and I especially don't care if the placement of my cup holders could be nicer!!!!! These guys need to get a grip. [/RANT OFF]

hj16

Established Member
I especially like how they comment how the Cobra performs the best, and rave about its raw power, then put the RX-8 ahead of the Cobra in the "Fun to Drive" category. Idiots.

Oh wait, it was called Rotery Revival, and Mazda had a shitload of Ads in that mag. It makes you wonder why they won :rollseyes

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
I've noticed something -- mags always use the Cobra in their comparison tests...lol :lol1: Think about it. What other car can be tested against the Viper, 911, and Z06 in one issue and then - months later - the same mag will test it against an RX8 and G35 :shrug: ?

If they brought a stock G35 (gorgeous car) to run a 911 GT2 people would laugh them off the track. In an awkward sorta way, magazines continue to prove how kick azz the Cobra is b/c a car has to be hella versatile to go against 2 different classes of automobiles and hold its own against both.

Last edited:

FX-Man

Driving the Uber Fairmont
Established Member
Yeah, the Mazda turned the slowest lap on the road course. Sure sounds like fun to me.:dw: :nonono:

505BB

Smoke em if ya got em
Established Member
Yes the mazdas are so fun to drive, becuase everyone knows how much torque rotory engines make :rollseyes
Seriously, who buys a car for the cupholders. I wish my truck didnt have cup holders, why? Because i dont even drink in this thing, well only water. And who cares about how comfortable the back seat is? Who can honsetly say that the rear seat comfort level was a deciding factor in their sports car purchase?? They are freakin morons!!

LogiWorld123

Established Member
You guys really get worked up about something you shouldn't care about.

Resist the media and you will feel alot better.

Wild Bill

Established Member
Originally posted by zzzzzer
I've noticed something -- mags always use the Cobra in their comparison tests...lol :lol1: Think about it. What other car can be tested against the Viper, 911, and Z06 in one issue and then - months later - the same mag will test it against an RX8 and G35 :shrug: ?

If they brought a stock G35 (gorgeous car) to run a 911 GT2 people would laugh them off the track. In an awkward sorta way, magazines continue to prove how kick azz the Cobra is b/c a car has to be hella versatile to go against 2 different classes of automobiles and hold its own against both.
You make a damm good point!:beer:

zzzzzer

Livin' Life Roush-less :(
Established Member
:beer: Just call it as I see it, that's all. Grant it, I'm a little biased. I want a Saleen...lol

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
I read that as well. To each his own I guess. I personally would lay off the whacky tobaccy before I do any write up on road tests..

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
Yes, they are heavily biased bastards. They constantly elaborate on how wonderous the German and European automobiles are, yet they alienate the core vehicles of their readers: American made.

However, they do scrutinize even the smallest details as that is their job to do so. They may be picking on something as tiny as cupholders, but at least they do it to every car and not just the Cobra.

And the RX-8 looks like a damn Hyundai Tiburon on crack. But that's just my opinion.

D a m i e n

Established Member
I've heard from owners of the RX-8 that mazda even overrated the power of the engine... which is pretty pathetic when you look at their original numbers: something like 230 hp and 170 tq

They were offering to give a $500 refund or just buy the car back at full price

ssssnake

Established Member
FRENCH OWNED MAGAZINE!!!!

There - do you understand now? MSN even had an article on their homepage that was concerning cars fun to drive. Didn't see the Cobra, GT, Bullitt or Mach 1. Didn't see the Lightning either - but they did have the Ford F-150. I don't understand some people's opinions on what rates as nice cars. For a lot of folks it's if it's foreign - THEN IT'S THE BEST. go figure :shrug:

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
I saw the episode on Tnn when they tested the Mach I, and the old fart said that he didnt care for the shaker hood because it just got in his driving view. Its a frickin MACH I!!!! :bash:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Originally posted by 03 svtvenom
I saw the episode on Tnn when they tested the Mach I, and the old fart said that he didnt care for the shaker hood because it just got in his driving view. Its a frickin MACH I!!!! :bash:

I was that vette loving bastard Yates. When you don't like a shaker on a car like that you need to have your balls clipped and drivers lisence revoked.

Users who are viewing this thread