Car got broken into

clbailey

Established Member
Well the Cobra got broken into, I think last night. Its a weekend vehicle so it doesn't get driven much. They took the dvd touchscreen radio, and that was it. It looks like they pried the window open and pressed the unlock button then took the dome light out. They tore off the radio bezel, and just ripped everything out. They scratched and dented the drip rail.

We called the police they took statement and serial number of the radio( I kept the box and put the old in.) The officer dusted, but they wore latex or mechanix gloves. I dont understand why someone would be so greasy anyways. There were smudges of grease all over, but no actual prints.

I didnt have this item claimed to the insurance, but would they cover theft anyways for the minor damage to the car? I have no hope for the radio. This isnt the first time someone has broken into cars in my apt complex. There have been multiple wheel thefts and break ins. I have a feeling its the same people just in waves every year.

Is their any hope?

My apt complex is going to get an earful. There answer to the last few break ins were have a security guard on call, as well as having city police patroling from time to time.

Im going to give them an earful tomorrow, they need cameras and bright ass lights.

They consider these apartments "luxury". My ass.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
As long as you had the unit permanently installed, which I'm sure it was, most insurance companies will have I believe have a $5,000.00 limit for sound equipment. Of course you will have to pay your deductable first.
All the damage/theft incurred by this incident should be one occurance so it should be one claim.
As far as getting your radio back, you can pretty much forget it. Its just too hard to recover the unit. Most of getting the unit back is pure luck.
Do you have some type of car alarm? I guess something is better than nothing.

Last edited:

clbailey

Established Member
I thought it had a factory alarm. I feel like my car was raped and I was personally disrespected. This stuff doesnt happen in my area back home in GA. Its like Im being punished for being stationed in VA. Cant wait to leave this ignorant, disrespectful, heathen harboring state.

BuckeyeLightnin

Established Member
cl bailey, im stationed in maryland and its not that great either....people stealing bikes and wheels off of cars right in the aparts outside of base!

clbailey

Established Member
Yea ive been on cl, also the officer said that if the pawn shops get it, around here they have to register it on a database with the serial number, it will be flagged if it shows up.

Rotarded

Brap
Established Member
Its a shitty feeling. My iPod was stolen out of my truck last week. Probably my fault that it was in plain sight, with no tint. Good luck on getting your equipment back. I ****ing hate thieves. Seriously, become a productive member of society and buy your own shit like most people.

svtcop

Pain Don't Hurt
Established Member
As long as you had the unit permanently installed, which I'm sure it was, most insurance companies will have I believe have a $5,000.00 limit for sound equipment. Of course you will have to pay your deductible first.
All the damage/theft incurred by this incident should be one occurrence so it should be one claim.
As far as getting your radio back, you can pretty much forget it. Its just too hard to recover the unit. Most of getting the unit back is pure luck.
Do you have some type of car alarm? I guess something is better than nothing.

^^This. Sometimes these idiots get caught doing other things and have peoples stolen items in their possession. Pretty much the only way they get caught anymore, unless you have legit pawn shops. A good thief will already know which shops play by the rules and which ones don't.

Sorry to hear you have to experience this.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sorry to hear your Cobra was broken into. It's tough when you have a nice car and you have to park it outside. Do you have the receipt for the radio? Your insurance company might want it when you file a claim. Definitely ask them all these questions and hopefully everything will be covered. I guess it depends on your policy.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The receipt should help. Have you talked to your insurance agent yet?

clbailey

Established Member
Its under my wifes, she mentioned something about totaling the damages then subtracting the deductible from that and giving us a check for the difference.

Honestly this couldnt have happened at the worst time, she's getting medically discharged from the Navy, Im facing some attorney fees, I just took on another car payment for my GC. I just dont have a random 500 to throw at repairs. So I hope the above happens.

Who ever broke in, f'd up the window, it makes noises going up and down now, and the roof. there are bad scratches and dents and paint chips.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread