Car got trashed last night!

#1stangfreak

'02GT for me!
Established Member
UPDATE POST #141 ON PAGE 6

I got home last night at about 12:30AM and woke up to this at 7AM. Heres a few before pics for reference. Why the hell do people have to do sh*t like this? Does anybody know of a good way to remove the spray paint? I'm thinking I might just hand it over to the shop and let them/insurance deal with it.

Before:

rg23675002.jpg

rg23675017.jpg

After:

img0865dh.jpg

img0866bx.jpg

img0867t.jpg

img0868oe.jpg

Sort of hard to see here but there's a deep key scratch
img0869du.jpg

Notice in this pic they slashed my tire too...:cuss:
img0870mj.jpg

img0871ot.jpg

img0872p.jpg

img0873lf.jpg

Sorry for the Iphone pics but I wasn't really in the mood to "capture the moment":fm:

Last edited:

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Buy a bottle of mineral spirits and you should be able to wipe that paint off. If mineral spirits isn't enough a paint thinner will work too. Yes it's gonna remove all the wax from the car, but you can wash and rewax it later. The clear coat and any wax on the car has prevented any permanent damage from the spray paint. Just get some solvent and wipe it off.

U.M.

What I want to know is who the hell did you piss off? That's not random grafitti... someone has a serious beef with you to paint, key, and slice a tire on your car like that... woman scorned perhaps?

Last edited:

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I highly doubt this was a random act. So, why would someone think you've been a queer and a ***?

Secondly, once this is all sorted out, I'd do whatever is necessary to park that thing in the two car garage...

Best of luck OP
No point in getting mad/angry/upset at this point, it wouldn't serve a purpose.

rxpwhistler1

HP Junkie
Established Member
listen

Buy a bottle of mineral spirits and you should be able to wipe that paint off. If mineral spirits isn't enough a paint thinner will work too. Yes it's gonna remove all the wax from the car, but you can wash and rewax it later. The clear coat and any wax on the car has prevented any permanent damage from the spray paint. Just get some solvent and wipe it off.

U.M.

What I want to know is who the hell did you piss off? That's not random grafitti... someone has a serious beef with you to paint, key, and slice a tire on your car like that... woman scorned perhaps?

Listen to this guy, he is spot on with the info. With that being said, It's sad that somebody thought doing that was ok. I could only hope I wouldn't be able to find the perp, cause I'd likely lose my freedom. Good luck with whatever direction you choose.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
File a police report if you haven't already. As mentioned, that's not random "lets FSU tonight" graffiti. Somebody has an issue with you.

As UM mentioned, most spray paint won't adhere to a painted surface well. In many cases a simple clay bar and solvent will remove it without issue. The rear quarter will need painted with a scratch that deep and long. You can buff the rough edge off the scratch, but you won't be able to completely remove it.

gabe1530

Banned
I highly doubt this was a random act. So, why would someone think you've been a queer and a ***?

Secondly, once this is all sorted out, I'd do whatever is necessary to park that thing in the two car garage...

Best of luck OP

agreed. OP, is there a back story to this?

#1stangfreak

'02GT for me!
Established Member
damn, Im really sorry for that. you should prob keep it in that garage there.

I would if I could but unfortunate circumstances has me living with my parents away from my wife in New Hampshire until I can finish college in December. So there are already two cars in there.

U.M.

Thanks for the tips! I just washed/waxed two days ago so I'm thinking that will probably help alot in getting the paint off easier. The thing is....I honestly haven't pissed anybody off either at work or school. BUT I do live next to a high school where a bunch of kids walk to school everyday. Most of them are jealous of the car and I wouldn't put it past them to do something like this.

hopefully you only have a 250 deductible

Ya it's $500 but that's what I have the "Oh CRAP!" fund in the bank for.

Best of luck OP

I was upset at 7 in the morning but I'm just looking forward to new tires and paint. But I swear I have no clue who would do this other than the local high school **** :nonono:

BayouVette

Far Beyond Driven
Established Member
you pissed somebody off.. But there is really only 2 classes of people who would do this.

Some very young immature kids that you pissed off, or some very young immature chic you pissed off.

How old are you? if you don't mine me asking

TClark22

Established Member
for someone to paint queer and ***...that shit is personal man, someone hates your ass.

RYU583

HADOOOUKENNN
Established Member
I know a product that Home Depot sells called GOO GONE will take that right off...

don't know about that scratch though... perhaps a good detail er could buff it out, but I am not sure

good luck buddy

Users who are viewing this thread