Car got trashed last night!

#1stangfreak

'02GT for me!
Established Member
Update:

It would seem that my car was not the only vehicle to be vandalized, it was only the first car to be targeted. Since my car was vandalized there have been a total of five other vehicles in the neighborhood which have been hit with the following damages:

99-04 Mustang GT - Three tires slashed
05-09 Mustang GT - Two rear tires slashed
99-01 Saturn SL1 - White and orange spray paint on roof/windshield/drivers door
Dodge Charger - Two rear tires slashed
Unknown Chevy car - EVERY panel (windows and roof included) spray painted in white/orange with multiple obscenities, keyed, two rear tires slashed

So far I have asked all the owners to file a claim with the police. However, since there is no physical evidence, the claims will disappear until something concrete appears. I have also contacted the HOA. They said to show up at the next meeting to discuss proper action. The meeting is yet to be scheduled :nonono:

I believe there are two possibilities to what is happening.
1) Highschool kids looking for fun in all the wrong places and pushing their luck
2) "Gang try-outs" I certainly hope not as I live in a good neighborhood (or so I thought) and this problem will be much more difficult to get rid of.

As of right now I have a surveillance system in the mail but I doubt that it'll get here before my car returns from the shop. I have a rifle at my disposal and I plan on camping out until my cameras show up. I am currently in the middle of setting up my own night operation involving 6-10 people (at least three have CCW permits) to help watch, locate, and apprehend those responsible until the proper authorities can be contacted. That's right...I plan on going Liam Neeson on these peeps! :rockon:

As I am "in the moment" somebody needs to give me some advice here on what to do and how to protect my property. My mustang is due back on Tuesday so that is when all this night op rambo crap is going down. Any thoughts are welcome :beer:

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
Nice car, nice car, nice car, Saturn SL1, nice car, nice car. One of these things is not like the other.

Here's my opinion, but I'm just a psych student and criminology lover, so I'm sure there may be better qualified people for advice.

Look at the owner of SL1, and potentially the Chevy depending on what model it is. That SL1 is way outside the norm for the list. I'd bet it's someone who has a personal grudge against either the SL1s owner or the Chevy's owner.

Sent from my TI-83+

#1stangfreak

'02GT for me!
Established Member
Nice car, nice car, nice car, Saturn SL1, nice car, nice car. One of these things is not like the other.

Here's my opinion, but I'm just a psych student and criminology lover, so I'm sure there may be better qualified people for advice.

Look at the owner of SL1, and potentially the Chevy depending on what model it is. That SL1 is way outside the norm for the list. I'd bet it's someone who has a personal grudge against either the SL1s owner or the Chevy's owner.

Sent from my TI-83+

The Chevy is some piece of crap car. I don't mean to hate on their ride but it's def a piece of piece of crap lol. Still seems pretty randomized to me...

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
The Chevy is some piece of crap car. I don't mean to hate on their ride but it's def a piece of piece of crap lol.
That made me chuckle. I know what you mean though. Some people just don't give a shit for some reason.

I'd look at the Chevy owner and the Saturn owner. It might be entirely random, and I hope it's not some stupid kids, but there's always the chance that some kids hit one or both of those cars on purpose, and either ****ed up the others to make it look more random, or just because of mob mentality.

I hope you're right though, because I ****ing hate the thought of scum like that. I have zero empathy for anyone who would deface another person's possessions.

Sent from my TI-83+

Last edited:

WutApex

Wut Apex!?!
Established Member
HS kids causing trouble. I seriously doubt it's a gang problem.....maybe where I used to live down by Chelton, but not in Springs Ranch

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member
Lousy pieces of ....! My car got broken into last year and messed up my door and interior. If u find out who did it let me know and I'll hold them while u punch them in the face.

Quickstang5o

Established Member
Are there any high school kids with riced out cars that live in your neighborhood? Seems odd that mostly muscle cars were targeted.

Thursday

Tu ne cede malis
Established Member
I wouldn't be surprised to find the vandal passes your house on a weekly basis. Put a large sign in your yard with a taunting yet subtle message in white spray paint. Park your shiny car in the same spot. Stakeout.

#1stangfreak

'02GT for me!
Established Member
Are there any high school kids with riced out cars that live in your neighborhood? Seems odd that mostly muscle cars were targeted.

Not directly, but there are SEVERAL riced out cars that attend the local highschool.

I wouldn't be surprised to find the vandal passes your house on a weekly basis. Put a large sign in your yard with a taunting yet subtle message in white spray paint. Park your shiny car in the same spot. Stakeout.

The stakeout is already planned out for Tuesday night. I plan on pushing the motor a bit through the neighborhood to announce my arrival. At which point I will leave the lights off on the driveway and sit with a camera...and a few other things ;-)

use windex and 0000 steel wool on the windows the paint will come right off

Thanks! Although I just let the shop take care of the mess so I can concentrate on work/school.

redfire03 svt

Established Member
laquer thinner from your local home depot or lowes will wipe that white paint off in no time. by sure to wash and wax right afterwards. as for the keyed area, try touching it up with oem ford touch up paint until it is slightly above the level of the paint for the rest of the 1/4 panel. at that point let it cure, and get a buffer out with a good polish, and smooth it back down.

einehund

Established Member
On a side note, in Steamboat Springs in June there is the Rocky Mountain Mustang Roundup (RMMR). It's pretty much a giant gathering of all the local mustang clubs with about 4-500 mustangs. I'm thinking about going to this and if you wanted to join me just let me know.

I'm shipping the Shelby from Germany early just so it is there when this is going on!

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I'm really sorry to hear and see this. If there is one thing you do not mess around with, it's another man's car. If that car is a Mustang, then that person deserves to eat shit. I would be absolutely livid if this happened to my car. I would honestly get my shotgun and fill it with bean bag rounds and wait for this scum to show up.

Users who are viewing this thread