car haulers?

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Any of you have experience with car haulers. My brother in law and I are going to go in on one together. He wants it to haul heating/electrical supplies to job sites and I want it to haul my GT500 when needed.

Any advice on size/features/brands? I have never used one before and don't really know what to look for. I would say we are looking for about a 20' enclosed trailer.

Last edited:

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
The guy who bought my cobra brought a brand new featherlite with him. It seemed to be very well made, very solid structure. It didn't make a sound when he pulled the cobra up into it. Very nice aluminum work inside and out. The only thing I didn't realize is that once he drove the car into it, there was no way to exit the vehicle. He had to crawl out the window. I definitely wouldn't want to do this everytime. It had a side exit door on it too. I was impressed by it.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
IMHO 20' will be too small for hauling a car unless it's just to shows. If you're going to the track you need all sorts of other crap to go with! Jack, tires, rotors, jackstands, coolers, EZ-Up, beer, tools, water, soda, did I mention beer? Even going to shows you're going to want to bring some "stuff" with you!!

A 20' will and can work, it's just going to be a tight go. I'd go minimum 22'. Of course it's your trailer and you can do what you want!

There is only ONE manufacturer I'd buy a trailer from and that's ATC. They are the best. :rockon: :bowdown: Most other manufacturers slap together the crapiest junk you have ever seen. Been there, done it, got the T-shirt that says "I had a shitty trailer and it was the worst two years of my life".

FWIW,
:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

crazyhorse06

Established Member
ac427cobra said:
IMHO 20' will be too small for hauling a car unless it's just to shows. If you're going to the track you need all sorts of other crap to go with! Jack, tires, rotors, jackstands, coolers, EZ-Up, beer, tools, water, soda, did I mention beer? Even going to shows you're going to want to bring some "stuff" with you!!

A 20' will and can work, it's just going to be a tight go. I'd go minimum 22'. Of course it's your trailer and you can do what you want!

There is only ONE manufacturer I'd buy a trailer from and that's ATC. They are the best. :rockon: :bowdown: Most other manufacturers slap together the crapiest junk you have ever seen. Been there, done it, got the T-shirt that says "I had a shitty trailer and it was the worst two years of my life".

FWIW,
Thanks Bruce. I was hoping to hear from some of the track guys. I figured they would know. I appreciate the input. Is ATC "aluminum trailer corp"? If so, those are made about 2-3 hours from where I live. I could go check them out. It is my understanding that they are a very nice, but, pricey (you get what you pay for).

How do you get in/out of the car in them? Or do you wench them into/out of the trailer?

Angel

aLL JaCkeD uP
Established Member
I know a guy through my Shop that Hauls Hot Rods around the Country for a Living and he uses a 24' -28' to haul Angel. It is a steel and al. trailer, enclosed with rear ramp, and an inside storage closet. Look at the quality of the tie downs, flooring and accessability. A good quality one around here runs about 14k.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
crazyhorse06 said:
Thanks Bruce. I was hoping to hear from some of the track guys. I figured they would know. I appreciate the input. Is ATC "aluminum trailer corp"? If so, those are made about 2-3 hours from where I live. I could go check them out. It is my understanding that they are a very nice, but, pricey (you get what you pay for).

How do you get in/out of the car in them? Or do you wench them into/out of the trailer?

Yep, Aluminum Trailer Corp, that's it. Go take a factory tour. No Doubt, you will be impressed. Then just for shits and giggles (seeing you're in IN when there are a million other trailer mfgs.) go look at some other trailers and compare. Try not to laugh too hard! ;-)

ATC is NOT cheap. But you get what you pay for. Best damn trailer I've ever seen.

I climb in and out through the window once the car is in the hauler. Because I'm old ;-) I have a handicap handrail on the inside wall to help me in and out! I also have a winch that I have not used yet. One time when I had my old trailer I winched the car in and out and I was like: :dw: "This is BS" I just hopped in the window and drove out. Much easier and faster.

FWIW

Users who are viewing this thread