car idles like crap

tnkucan

tnkucan
Established Member
my buddy's car idles like crap and when you give it gas it doest rev up keeps on ildeling the same way then it turns off took the plugs out and where drenched in black but smelled like gas any body had this problem

XJRGUY

BIG MONSTERS!
Established Member
Did your air filter fall off the CAI?

Happened with me on my K&N FIPK and had crappy idle and stalling.

tnkucan

tnkucan
Established Member
we just put a lower and upper pulley cold air with no tune yet left my house and a block away from his house it started to stutter and didnt want to accelerate anymore the overboost code came up aswell as the missfire code, he replaced the coil packs, spark plugs fuel filter and Frps same thing is hapening. Did a search and nothing came up first time ive ever seen this

Juruense

Banned
we just put a lower and upper pulley cold air with no tune yet left my house and a block away from his house it started to stutter and didnt want to accelerate anymore the overboost code came up aswell as the missfire code, he replaced the coil packs, spark plugs fuel filter and Frps same thing is hapening. Did a search and nothing came up first time ive ever seen this
Fail... :nonono: :loser: :read:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Sounds like somebody gave it a little quick rev or little burst through 1st with no tune.

Juruense

Banned
So the answer is to swap MAFs which oh by the ****ing way also requires a tune...

Just flatbed the ****ing car to a ****ing tuner.

tnkucan

tnkucan
Established Member
car has a f***************************ing tune now foud the f*******ing problem the compresion on the pasenger side read 30 consistend driver side reads 160 consisted could it be that the chain jumped the sprocket or gear

VincodeY

Established Member
car has a f***************************ing tune now foud the f*******ing problem the compresion on the pasenger side read 30 consistend driver side reads 160 consisted could it be that the chain jumped the sprocket or gear

whoa, hold up man. You are the one who said "NO TUNE YET" so why don't you make up your mind before you start stringing together your four letter words showing us just how intelligent you really are. From the exp. on this board, it sounds like he got into boost, without a tune, and ruined that motor. :shrug:

AaronK

Established Member
From what you posted, it did sound like he entered boost without a tune... and that's not a good thing, it would be running extremely lean

Users who are viewing this thread